Giro d'Italia 2024 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Great win yeah. His first as a Pro !
I can't help think that putting on those awful pink helmets everyday is a motivation killer.

Pog has no competition really. Last year's TdF him & his team were expending so much energy trying to outsmart Vingegaard. In this tour they have to outsmart no one.
I love the way he gifted the stage to Steinhauser...I'm not taking anything away from his epic ride ! Did he not say earlier in this Giro that he'd like him to win a stage 😁
Then out of pure boredom Pogi had a trademark lone attack....just for the fun of it.
We're watching one of the all time greats at work....and looking like he's enjoying every minute of it.

Adam4868

Guru
You can always rely on some good gear of Nairoman 🙄

"Thanks to Nairo Quintana who gave me some gels" - Daniel Martinez relies on support on compatriot with BORA - hansgrohe teammates dropped on stage 17 of Giro d'Italia

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Bad day for my man Pozzovivo yesterday. He came in 25 mins down and dropped 6 places on GC to 20th. Hope he's not unwell.

Anyway, a massive 550m of ascent in 178km today.
1716462917088.png

Adam4868

Guru
Merlier takes the win 😲 with Milan in second and just to shut @T4tomo up Groves comes in third....happy now 😁
Close in the end with Milan being out of position and looking like he was 10/15 riders back when he launched !

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Merlier takes the win 😲 with Milan in second and just to shut @T4tomo up Groves comes in third....happy now 😁
Close in the end with Milan being out of position and looking like he was 10/15 riders back when he launched !

No I'm not happy, as when Milan comes in ahead of Groves I lose points to those around me in the league who have Milan. I went o'connor and Groves and could have gone Milan & Martinez. I also thought I'd picked a blinder with Schachmann when he did well on stage 1, but he's become more of a Shedman as the race has gone on. I also didnt look at the route, there are more sprint stages that I thought, my one sprinter strategy possible wasnt the best - maybe better on the Vuelta.

So I'm not happy , I'm distressed :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Adam4868

Guru
Whilst we let @T4tomo vent some steam....can someone give Ineos a bell and tell them to let Arensman of the leash,time for some late fun surely !

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Whilst we let @T4tomo vent some steam....can someone give Ineos a bell and tell them to let Arensman of the leash,time for some late fun surely !

That's not going to happen whilst G is in touching distance of Martinez, more prestige in 2nd over 3rd than White jersey I reckon. Although I reckon he could probably but Tiberi and O'Connor under pressure given a shot over these last 2 GC stages

Its not all doom and gloom in Tomo-world. The mega bag of Yorkshire tea that was on backorder turned up to the office yesterday, so I no longer have to put up with the backup PG tips bags. I also scored a cheese and ham croissant in yesterday 2good2go bag, so my second breakfast was very tasty this morning.

Adam4868

Guru
Its not all doom and gloom in Tomo-world. The mega bag of Yorkshire tea that was on backorder turned up to the office yesterday, so I no longer have to put up with the backup PG tips bags. I also scored a cheese and ham croissant in yesterday 2good2go bag, so my second breakfast was very tasty this morning.
Living the dream !

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Peloton at 13 minutes. A good few who coukd claim a stage win while the main nen fight over some seconds later on

Top Bottom