Giro d'italia SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Flying_Monkey said:
This all puts Basso in a surprisingly nice position.
What about Nibali? Isn't he supposed to be red hot in the mountains? And he's 26 - just old enough to start asserting himself. Or do you think he'll have to ride for Basso, even if he's feeling stronger than him? Be nice to see a bit of inter team rivalry.
And Vino's still only 30 odd seconds down.......

lukesdad

Very interesting team time trial. So most of the teams tried to follow what Garmin did last year, Waste your nearly men at the start and save your big engines for the finnish. Works fine when you ve got 4 world class tt ers in the final 5, afraid it doesnt when you havnt:biggrin: Sky nearly managed it , but the team that won bought all 9 to the last kilometre.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:
What about Nibali? Isn't he supposed to be red hot in the mountains? And he's 26 - just old enough to start asserting himself. Or do you think he'll have to ride for Basso, even if he's feeling stronger than him? Be nice to see a bit of inter team rivalry.

I think Nibali is actually the stronger rider (for reasons about which we might wish to speculate...) but he was a late addition to the squad and Basso is the team leader, I think.

lukesdad

Well if Vino s prepared to do that to his own team..... Guess what he s going to do in the mountains. Either they try to go with him or hope he blows up. Evans is doing too much work its only the first week.Playing nicely into the hands of a certain LIKEABLE spaniard IMO just sat quietly in the line of Cervelo, he s not worried about the time he s losing he can make it up in the mountains. He ll get better as he race goes on. Viva Carlos.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
lukesdad said:
Well if Vino s prepared to do that to his own team..... Guess what he s going to do in the mountains. Either they try to go with him or hope he blows up. Evans is doing too much work its only the first week.Playing nicely into the hands of a certain LIKEABLE spaniard IMO just sat quietly in the line of Cervelo, he s not worried about the time he s losing he can make it up in the mountains. He ll get better as he race goes on. Viva Carlos.

I hope so - he's on my squad!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
lukesdad said:
Don t you know someone...? RP:biggrin:;)

Do I?:biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
John the Monkey said:
Yep, who knew Leaky would turn out to be the new force in Team Time Trials eh?

Whoddathunkit.

Are you implying that Pelizotti was not the only Leaky Gas rider who was well prepared?:biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
raindog said:
I thought Liqui along with Sky, Katusha and Columbia were favourites for the TTT?
It probably says more about my punditry than Liqui, tbh.

Still, I dislike Liquigas, and there's a fair chance that's colouring my perceptions here. Basso in second. Meh.

lukesdad

John the Monkey said:
It probably says more about my punditry than Liqui, tbh.

Still, I dislike Liquigas, and there's a fair chance that's colouring my perceptions here. Basso in second. Meh.
Probably the Lime Green kit JtM,never liked it myself.

At least Ive got black in mine..Overthere <<<<:biggrin:

Top Bottom