Giro helmet replacement policy ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lucky Luke

Yesterday I noticed a bad crack on the inside of my helmet (Giro Pneumo) , so I think it needs replacing . I've not crashed but when I went away recently I did pack it in my bike bag for the plane so it may have suffered some impact damage this way I don't know . A clubmate of mine told me that some helmet companies have a replacement scheme where you get a reduction on replacements . Does anyone know any details or have experience of this in relation to Giro helmets ?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I sent mine off a year ago and got a new one for a reduced price.
hang on, i'll found out for you

Monty Dog

Giro's policy is only applicable if the helmet is less than 3 years I old I think - I've twice had to replace Giro helmets because of cracks/faults - not helped by Madison who provide pretty poor warranty service - you can wait ages and often the choice is limited by what they have in stock - I had a limited edition 'team' helmet which they would only replace with a standard model. For that reason I'll no longer buy Giro products. Catlikes, for example fit better and last longer.

OP
OP
L

Lucky Luke

Tuesday lunchtime I sent my helmet back to Madison . Yesterday I got a call from them to pass them my credit card details . Paid them £30 for the replacement helmet which I originally paid £75 for in September 2005 .

This morning (Thursday) 8.15 am I get a brand new replacement via Special Delivery . Less than 48 hrs altogether between posting my broken helmet to receiving the new one . Excellent customer service in my opinion .

barq

Lucky Luke said:
Less than 48 hrs altogether between posting my broken helmet to receiving the new one .

That's very good!

I'm in the market for a new helmet so I might take that into account. I'm already a Giro user but so far I've never had cause to claim the crash damage discount (touch wood).

Top Bottom