1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giro helmet replacement policy ??

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Lucky Luke, 16 Jul 2007.

1. Lucky Luke

Lucky Luke New Member

Yesterday I noticed a bad crack on the inside of my helmet (Giro Pneumo) , so I think it needs replacing . I've not crashed but when I went away recently I did pack it in my bike bag for the plane so it may have suffered some impact damage this way I don't know . A clubmate of mine told me that some helmet companies have a replacement scheme where you get a reduction on replacements . Does anyone know any details or have experience of this in relation to Giro helmets ?

2. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

I sent mine off a year ago and got a new one for a reduced price.
    hang on, i'll found out for you

3. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

here you go :blush:

click me

didn't take long, and got a brand new hat for reduced costs :laugh:

It did happen when you had an accident, didn't it :eek:

4. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

I replaced my E2 helmet a few years back. It was easy and didn't take long.

5. Monty Dog

Monty Dog New Member

Giro's policy is only applicable if the helmet is less than 3 years I old I think - I've twice had to replace Giro helmets because of cracks/faults - not helped by Madison who provide pretty poor warranty service - you can wait ages and often the choice is limited by what they have in stock - I had a limited edition 'team' helmet which they would only replace with a standard model. For that reason I'll no longer buy Giro products. Catlikes, for example fit better and last longer.

6. Lucky Luke

Lucky Luke New Member

Tuesday lunchtime I sent my helmet back to Madison . Yesterday I got a call from them to pass them my credit card details . Paid them £30 for the replacement helmet which I originally paid £75 for in September 2005 .

This morning (Thursday) 8.15 am I get a brand new replacement via Special Delivery . Less than 48 hrs altogether between posting my broken helmet to receiving the new one . Excellent customer service in my opinion .

7. barq

barq Senior Member

That's very good!

I'm in the market for a new helmet so I might take that into account. I'm already a Giro user but so far I've never had cause to claim the crash damage discount (touch wood).