Giro on quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
I see the highlights are on quest.The problem is it clashes with some of the stuff Mrs.Wisdom downloads.
So I thought quest on demand would be the answer.
Can't find it anywhere on the sky box.Does anyone know where to find it.
I don't subscribe to eurosport so that's not an option.

Last edited:

sight-pin

Veteran
Neither can i. Looks like you can watch it here though (i think?)
https://www.questtv.co.uk/video/giro-2018

KenDave

Regular
There is the UKTV play app which may be what they are referring to, but it gets such awful reviews I haven't tried installing it.
You can watch Eurosport without contract on PCs, tablets etc for £6.99 a month. I have signed up for a month just to watch the Giro. With the addition of a Chromecast device (£30), you can then "cast" it to your TV from your tablet. Works a treat.
(Edit) Thanks for that link sight-pin, I didn't know they had the highlights on line. Still nice to see the full thing live though if you have the time. :smile:

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There is the UKTV play app which may be what they are referring to, but it gets such awful reviews I haven't tried installing it.
You can watch Eurosport without contract on PCs, tablets etc for £6.99 a month. I have signed up for a month just to watch the Giro. With the addition of a Chromecast device (£30), you can then "cast" it to your TV from your tablet. Works a treat.
(Edit) Thanks for that link sight-pin, I didn't know they had the highlights on line. Still nice to see the full thing live though if you have the time. :smile:
I've got a Chromecast dongle that I bought when I had the Eurosport sub, but that was one channel it wouldn't work with. There was some known issue, have they now sorted it?

KenDave

Regular
I've got a Chromecast dongle that I bought when I had the Eurosport sub, but that was one channel it wouldn't work with. There was some known issue, have they now sorted it?
I'm only 3 days into my latest eurosport player subscription after having a break from it. The first 2 days it was rock solid. Today it crashed a couple of times, fortunately not at key moments, but otherwise worked well. I used to have a Eurosport app on the TV but they stopped supporting those, which was when I bought the Chromecast. You should be able to get a free 7 day trial if you want to see if it works for you.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm only 3 days into my latest eurosport player subscription after having a break from it. The first 2 days it was rock solid. Today it crashed a couple of times, fortunately not at key moments, but otherwise worked well. I used to have a Eurosport app on the TV but they stopped supporting those, which was when I bought the Chromecast. You should be able to get a free 7 day trial if you want to see if it works for you.
Thanks, I'll have a look at the free trial offer.

On Black Friday they had a time limited deal where you could get a years subscription to Eurosport for either 99p or £1.99 and like a total dork I let it go.

bladesman73

Über Member
I see the highlights are on quest.The problem is it clashes with some of the stuff Mrs.Wisdom downloads.
So I thought quest on demand would be the answer.
Can't find it anywhere on the sky box.Does anyone know where to find it.
I don't subscribe to eurosport so that's not an option.
You need to have words pal. Sky allow you to record 2 things at once..one recording slot each.

OP
OP
wisdom

wisdom

Guru
You need to have words pal. Sky allow you to record 2 things at once..one recording slot each.
Yes I know about that but she's got stuff set up to record.
Anyhow I like to watch it in peace.
Thanks all for the input.

bladesman73

Über Member
Yes I know about that but she's got stuff set up to record.
Anyhow I like to watch it in peace.
Thanks all for the input.
She can remove one recording, you can then record the cycling. Relationships are give and take...supposed to be anyway

Top Bottom