Giro Transfer Helmet

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Whether it is comfortable or not depends on the shape of your head! You MUST try one on before buying. I found the Transfer (on my head) looked a bit bulky, but fairly comfortable. I have since changed to another brand that fits (my head) better. Fit is a very personal thing.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Whether it is comfortable or not depends on the shape of your head! You MUST try one on before buying. I found the Transfer (on my head) looked a bit bulky, but fairly comfortable. I have since changed to another brand that fits (my head) better. Fit is a very personal thing.

I was thinking of heading down to my local Halfords and trying it on. After checking on their website, it appears that the nearest store that has it in stock is 17 miles away. :cursing:

Sandra6

Veteran
If you buy it online you get another 25% off, so it's only £13. Not a lot to lose if you don't like it.
Mine is very similar, but with a peak. I've no complaints about it other than the guy in the shop made me buy a man's helmet and it's really big so I have to have loads of padding inside to get a good fit. The ladies helmets they had were all too small though.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Halfords have a good range of inexpensive cycle helmets. I noticed the other week that some pro type ones were only about 17 quid. Now people haven't an excuse when they say "i'd like to have a better chance of survival in an accident, but i can't afford an expensive helmet"!
I've noticed that they've fallen in price over the years. I bought a Bell helmet 12 years ago for 50 quid, a similar one now costs less than 30!
Maybe stores are encouraged to sell helmets for as little as possible to get more cyclists wearing them?

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I have two, no problems, pretty comfy, MET Scatto was a bit comfier though.

Top Bottom