Gisburn with air ambulance drama..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

Hope your friend has a speedy recovery!
Nice to see you had fun and good wether was on your side
and seeing ed oxley from great rock sweet would love to do a course with him
Would be good to do one with some other cycle chat people to..!
It nocks your confidence when seeing some one hert them selfs at least you had fun and the bike looks good to.
Cheers flying start :thumbsup: --we had a great time apart from the drama, and it was really nice to see Ed and get a nice wave back- Iam hoping to do a skills MTB course with him in next few months.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Fran, you look gorgeous, the bike looks gorgeous, but, honestly, a bottle cage? Shocking :whistle:

Hope your friend heals fast.

Be careful out there folks.

Hope your friend gets better soon, sounds thankfully like it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I've always said those trees pass far too closely to us. Don't they know we need at least two metres!

Bike certainly looks the part - you'll have to make sure your abilities match it now - not sure I'd like the pressure!

GilesM

Legendary Member
Y Unfortunately one of our friends decided to go down a few of the drop jumps and as he landed , his bike skidded and he smashed into a nearby tree. The noise he made and screams were upsetting, least to say the state he was in. Covered in blood and unable to move with laboured breathing, we called the emergency services, and thanks to the Air Ambulance guys , our friend was swiftly treated, and air lifted to Preston Royal Hospital. We were told he had more thank likely cracked some ribs and broken arm.

View attachment 9103

Sounds sore, but not as bad as it could have been, I hope he came to enough to enjoy the helicopter ride, and try not to make him laugh for a while, laughing with broken ribs is not funny.

Good to see the new bike in it's proper environment, hopefully it's next trip out will be a bit less action packed.

caimg

Über Member
Helmets are a pain but this time it looks like it did its job, the things we do do get that rush!

So I'm assuming you'll sleep in one too? Sleeping and cycling are of equal risk so why shouldn't sleepers wear them too? The roof could cave in and *blablablabla*

:tongue:

Francesca glad to hear your man's alright, I'm sure he's relieved it's just what it is but god damn a cracked rib is super painful!

Norm

Enough of the helmet comments, please. I'm sure that James3001 will realise the error of his ways and, if he does still need correcting, there's plenty of people willing to do it in the appropriate part of the CC forums. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

1838168 said:
Did someone want a helmet Nazi?

180px-AngelaLeeHelmet.jpg
Whoops!! No Helmet debates please guys - Adrians already off and that will start me off "On One" Lol!!!! nice pic Adrian :thumbsup:

Top Bottom