Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This customer changed their mind about the bike and reserved it, twice. They were a bit upset that the bike cost 200€ even after I pointed out that I'd actually reduced it from the normal price, so they were effectively getting some items free.

They came to buy the bike after I'd finished work and because I knew they'd try, I asked my colleague on the till not to enter into negotiations.
This morning my colleague said that they'd come and sure enough the first thing they asked was if he could "Do something about the price". His response was that it wasn't his department, so no, he couldn't negotiate.

They paid €200,00.

Well done you!

Chris S

Legendary Member
"That's a nice e-bike"
It was my Sturmey Archer 3-speed.

"That's a nice e-bike"
It was my Sturmey Archer 3-speed.

I get that all the time with my low-step-through folder having hub gears.

'Oh it's an e- bike!'
'No it's not, you're looking at hub gears. Less maintenance and cleaner in the house than a derailleur ...'
'Are you sure it's not an e-bike ...it looks like one ...'
'Well, if you can show me where the battery is, I'll plug it in and charge it up!'
'Oh ... er.... well now you mention it ...'

I get that all the time with my low-step-through folder having hub gears.

'Oh it's an e- bike!'
'No it's not, you're looking at hub gears. Less maintenance and cleaner in the house than a derailleur ...'
'Are you sure it's not an e-bike ...it looks like one ...'
'Well, if you can show me where the battery is, I'll plug it in and charge it up!'
'Oh ... er.... well now you mention it ...'

We have been asked if the Rohloff on our tandem was an electric motor!

gbb

Legendary Member
It's been an insane day for many of us at work, non stop, ever shifting from one job to another. Technical manager appeared, she opened with...
'Ah Colin", ...(a short discussion about checkweighers followed)...followed by " I cant tell you how many steps I've done today trying to catch up with you :smile:

I replied (jokingly)
I can't tell you how many steps I've done trying to keep ahead of you :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was grunting my way up a short stretch of 10% in my 42/15 grunting gear. Two little boys were sitting at the side of the road at the top. I just got up there and one called out...

Boy #1: "Nice shoes, mister!"

ColinJ: "I want to make sure that drivers see me..."

Boy #2: "They WILL!!!!" :laugh:

Nice shoes.jpg

"Press the Edge key on your keyboard" - from a work colleague.
"I don't have an Edge key on my keyboard" - me

Just spent nearly a minute looking for the Edge key, offered to take a picture of my keyboard as it has no Edge key. Finally realised they meant the "H" Key. We've both got accents foreign to each other so definately lost in translation lol.

Ripple

Veteran
A new guy at work asked me "How many colonies your country had?" Made me wonder what's being taught in Nigerian schools.

Top Bottom