Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll start.

me to 12 year old son heading out the door to the video shop 800 yards away..
"How many jackets have you got on?"
"A hoodie and a fleece" he says, omitting the winter ski gloves and the buff.
"right; you expecting a storm between here and the video shop then?"
"Dad, it's freezing out" and with that he went

me to the Ikea Delivery men:
"Can you put it upstairs?"
"I'll check with the driver.......No sorry mate, we're not insured for that. Had a lot of complaints about peoples floors being damaged"
me to myself, I'm not your mate you miserable bugger. Me and a 14 year old wrestled it up instead.

client: how do I do this?
me: I'll email you some instructions...

client replies (by email) : how do I do this?
me: if you look at page 2 - Paragraph 2 !!! there is the answer

client replies(by email): I dont understand how to do the next step
me: if you kindly read thoroughly the whole instructions, then just after Paragraph 2 there is Paragraph 3 with the answer!!!!!:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
10:22 ring ring, ring ring, ring ring.......... Princess Royal Hospital can I help you.

Can you put me through to Surgical 5 ward please. I was discharged yesterday but I need to get arrange a medical certificate for my work.

Operator "I'm putting you through."

ring ring, ring ring, ring ring.......... (about 5mins)

Male voice "Surgical 5 ward can I help you."

Me "My name is Mr......" click. brrrr

10:34 ring ring, ring ring, ring ring.......... Princess Royal Hospital can I help you.

Can you put me through to Surgical 5 ward please. I was discharged yesterday but I need to get arrange a medical certificate for my work.

I'm putting you through.

"Surgical 5 ward can I help you."

Me "My name is Mr......" click. brrrr

10:50 ring ring, ring ring, ring ring.......... Princess Royal Hospital can I help you.

Can you put me through to Surgical 5 ward please. I was discharged yesterday but I need to get arrange a medical certificate for my work. Can you monitor call please I'm having trouble getting through.

I'm putting you through.

"I cannot keep monitoring your call I have other calls waiting. I will put you through. Hopefully someone will answer in a minute"

Male voice "Surgical 5 ward can I help you."

My name is Mr...... click. brrrr

11:01 ring ring, ring ring, ring ring.......... Princess Royal Hospital can I help you.

I'm putting you through.

Female voice "Surgical 5 ward can I help you."

"My name is Mr. TyT I was discharged after my hernia operation yesterday could I arrange a medical certificate for my employer."

"No problem I'll post it to you"

"Thank you"

TVC

Me: 'Can I have 50 samosas, and £10 worth of mixed savories, I'll pick them up on the 27th - oh and chutneys and pickles too.'

Him: 'Cerainly Sir'

That's my contribution to the family party sorted.

gbb

Legendary Member
Bear in mind i havnt been at my current employers long...
After some small talk with a newish face, i asked...
'You didn't used to work at salvesens did you ?'
'No...'
'Funny, your names slightly unusual, it rings a bell somewhere in my past...Juniper, its not very common'
'Ah, you're talking about Wayne ^_^ '

Doh...err sorry, remind me, whats your name ? :blush:^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Me: "...sorry, but where is New Cross?"
Him: "It's SE..."
Me: "No, sorry, no way. SE anything is a two hour round trip, and then some. I wasn't looking forward to an hour to Tottenham to pick up something I paid to have delivered two days ago, but so it goes.... But SE means the Blackwall Tunnel and upwards of two hours and I just don't have time for it."
Him: "Well it'll have to be Monday then."
Me: "But I told you, they leave at the end of tomorrow and they won't be back till the middle of January."
Him: "Well I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do..."

Top Bottom