The give thanks thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
to Sara for talking to me this morning while i was a little fragile,we met while i was going out for a walk.What she said lifted me off my knees.

Where can I find her?

To my late uncles (dad's brothers) who got me jobs at weekends and in school/uni holidays between the ages of 15 and 21, working on Wimpey building sites and as a jobbing builder. As well as teaching me that money doesn't grow on trees, over the years the skills gained have saved me a fortune doing up my houses and knowing when builders were trying to con me.

They both died in the past few years and I regret never actually telling them how much they helped me when I was growing up.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks to Dan, the site manager here (my new house is on a development still under construction.) He's going to send a lad round to touch up the paintwork that got damaged when we moved in and he'll leave us with a pot of paint in case we need it further on down the line. What a nice guy.

postman

Legendary Member
This morning to my little church house group.i have not been in a house group for four years.But i decided to join this one it felt right.Then i get the cancer diagnosis.This morning the mobile whatsapp has been pinging messages during the morning.So many it got to me and tears rolled down my cheeks,thank you all.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Thanks to Dan, the site manager here (my new house is on a development still under construction.) He's going to send a lad round to touch up the paintwork that got damaged when we moved in and he'll leave us with a pot of paint in case we need it further on down the line. What a nice guy.

A boy is coming round to touch you up eh? I hope everyone has been very clear with their comms so there's no confusion :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member

When we arrived in Tobermory with large furniture van the contractor who had been told to repaint various bits of the house decided the day we were due to arrive was a good day get painters started on painting the stairs. We were not impressed. :wacko:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Bit of a long story but needed for context: I took out a contract with Virgin for internet only; they sent me an O2 SIM card which I said I didn't want, they said no worries it comes with the deal so just don't use it and it'll be fine. A year later my contract renewed with Virgin and they have sent me another SIM card. I then got a letter through saying I owe O2 £24. I phoned up, spoke to a very nice chap who understood mt predicament and agreed it was unfair for me to pay the £24 when I hadn't even taken the SIM card out of the packet. He put me on hold a number of times whilst he checked with other staff, and then eventually said they could cancel the card and I wouldn't have to pay anything.

It is a gripe towards the companies involved but also a thanks for the chap to look into it and actually exercise some humility and decency, which you rarely get on the phone any more!

Top Bottom