The give thanks thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
A place to give thanks and tell us all about someone that's done something worthy of recognition or appreciation, no matter how small.

I'll start.

Thanks to my SiL, Daughter #3s feller. We're having a proper electrical certification being done on the house as part of the sale and he came over today to test and inspect it (he can't do the certification bit though, sadly) to see if wnything needed attention beforehand and he pronounced it fit and healthy.

I remained well distanced due to my current attack of leprosy of the lungs and rabies of the throat, but it was great to chat to him from the other side of the next room, and he refused to take the 50 snifters I offered him for the job (I made him take it in the end.)

Great job by a lovely guy. He helped me out and cheered me up and earned every penny of the cash I slipped him as far as im concerned.

So to whom do you good folk give thanks?

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
My daughter's father, whose volunteered to baby sit our grandsons again tomorrow night.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I sent an email to one of our suppliers yesterday asking for some tracking information. I gave them the part number and qty along with the order number.
12 hours later they contact me with a sorry we can't work with the information provided email, so I would like to say thank you for being so good at not being able to help customer service person, as both lots of information were correct and could have found the answer

postman

Legendary Member
A place to give thanks and tell us all about someone that's done something worthy of recognition or appreciation, no matter how small.

I'll start.

Thanks to my SiL, Daughter #3s feller. We're having a proper electrical certification being done on the house as part of the sale and he came over today to test and inspect it (he can't do the certification bit though, sadly) to see if wnything needed attention beforehand and he pronounced it fit and healthy.

I remained well distanced due to my current attack of leprosy of the lungs and rabies of the throat, but it was great to chat to him from the other side of the next room, and he refused to take the 50 snifters I offered him for the job (I made him take it in the end.)

Great job by a lovely guy. He helped me out and cheered me up and earned every penny of the cash I slipped him as far as im concerned.

So to whom do you good folk give thanks?
You barsteward Drago you have made my eyes moist,all the best mate in your troubles.

postman

Legendary Member
to Sara for talking to me this morning while i was a little fragile,we met while i was going out for a walk.What she said lifted me off my knees.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
My mate "S" (who shall remain otherwise nameless, lest any of my other mates on here should recognise him). Over the years, "S" has helped me shift big heavy sofas, has gone down to Newport with me to help my nephew to move house and has been a willing (if not exactly keen) last minute addition to our quiz team for an audition for "Eggheads". He had never seen a single episode of the show and knew nothing about it, but came along to the audition with us as our spare team mate. Rather over-awed by the whole experience, he buckled under pressure somewhat and fainted on camera under questioning during the screen test. What a star for turning up though.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
To my parents who passed away many years ago. I never thanked them enough when they were here.

They raised myself and 5 siblings in a 2 bedroom house near the sea. We were always warm, clean and fed. We had the best childhood you could ever wish for. Mum was a stay at home mum until the youngest got to high school and then she became a dinner lady at the high school. We never had a car and dad would do sa 40 mile commute every day with a friend in his car.

All of my siblings have survived, the youngest now being 62. We have all have had productive lives, never been in trouble with the law and all have lovely children and grand children.

I am constantly, totally in awe of how they managed this on one income and gave us such a great start in life.

Top Bottom