Happy St George’s Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My son was born 14 July - in 2020 we had a holiday in southern France planned and we told him the whole country would be celebrating his birthday. Sadly COVID put paid to that!

14 July is also a funny name for a boy - but then this thread is making me adjust my preconceptions ...

I hope you do manage another 14th July trip - there should be some bike racing for him to watch when you get there too! :-) 🥖

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Very good!

I just remembered - had to check the dates - that Boniface was made patron saint of Devon in 2020. I think Devon was a bit miffed that Kernow had one (St Pirian), but they didn't. Dorset has St Wite, about whom nothing is known. Somerset appears not to have one.

Drago

Legendary Member
I may start a campaign for Lemmy to be made a Saint.

Just imagine it. St Lemmy, patron Saint of bassists. Magnificent.

200w.gif

Drago

Legendary Member
Being sensible, I guess Lemmy can never be a Saint when he's already a God.

I think to be a saint you need a miracle...

It's a miracle he lasted as long as he did.

Ozzie Osborne I think is a greater miracle.

Keith Richards is not a miracle because he went to Robert Johnson's crossroads I heard. :laugh: Probably not true so perhaps a miracle afterall.

Reactions: DRM

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I just remembered - had to check the dates - that Boniface was made patron saint of Devon in 2020. I think Devon was a bit miffed that Kernow had one (St Pirian), but they didn't. Dorset has St Wite, about whom nothing is known. Somerset appears not to have one.

We're always a bit behind here....

Top Bottom