Someone is having a bad day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
A mysterious payment of over £1,000 has appeared in my bank account. It's definitely not meant for me. Looking at the reference my bank aren't able to tell where it's come from. Their best guess, given the amount and the time of the month, is that it's someone's salary payment that's gone into the wrong account when someone's got a digit wrong in the account number.

So someone is approaching the beginning of December short of £1,000 they were expecting to have. 😢 I hope they manage to get it sorted soon.

richardfm

Veteran
Do your bank say if you get to keep it if it isn't claimed?

Kingfisher101

Über Member
A mysterious payment of over £1,000 has appeared in my bank account. It's definitely not meant for me. Looking at the reference my bank aren't able to tell where it's come from. Their best guess, given the amount and the time of the month, is that it's someone's salary payment that's gone into the wrong account when someone's got a digit wrong in the account number.

So someone is approaching the beginning of December short of £1,000 they were expecting to have. 😢 I hope they manage to get it sorted soon.

The bank Will Know where its come from, but wont be telling you due to Data Protection laws.

markemark

Über Member
Despite what the Chance card in Monopoly says, you cannot keep a bank error in your favour.

It probably is a human rather than a bank error.

I would be wary as it may be a scam. Be very careful and in consultation with your bank when returning it.

However, if you don’t hear anything and you’ve already tried your best to find out who paid it then I’d sit tight. However don’t spend it if you can’t afford to pay it back in the future.

Nibor

Bewildered
I for a while received some small payments nobthly into my account I queried iot with my bank who said they could do nothing and they were never recovered

Top Bottom