Given up on knee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I am well and truly baffled .After some energetic decorating a few weeks ago i got Quadracepts Tendonitis .Rested on Doc's order for two weeks .18 days in all .Did mums and toddlers on friday .and it was a little sore and swollen again .But i have done a 40 and today 25 .Without probs and left my mate in my wake .He telling me that i am a better climber than him .

How can i go back to the Doc and complain about swelling when i can cycle without pain and at speed .

Gawd help me .And it feels stronger .Anyone any ideas .I got a feeling it may just be Arthur Ritis which i can cope with .It just does not like odd movements ,if you know what i mean .excessive twisting bending turning .

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Get thee to a sports physio. Chances are your doctor will tell you you're getting on a bit and should slow down - same with an NHS physio. A good sports physio will charge something in the region of £30 for a half-hour session and will start from the premise that you need to get back to full active life. Best to seek a recommendation to find one.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thank you for that .I feels great this morning .We do have a chap at Church who has a private practise .Going to ask him .And i am going to start the hospital workout chart again .To see what happens with it .

wafflycat

Ah knees.... my problem. Patella tendinopathy & some arthritis - the joint on its way out.

What has been said about a sports' physio I agree with. Luckily I've got a gem near me (Jo Tym) who is a cyclist, so she knows her stuff and she understands we cyclists! For me, the wearing of MBT shoes works wonders. I got back on the bike for the first time in *ages* yesterday and did six very gentle miles. Knees still an issue, so I am in discussion with physio to see if some sort of knee strap whilst cycling will assist me in getting back on the bike in a more staisfactory way.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
There is great strength in the knee .Rode up a new hill last Weds and no problems .But there is so much fluid around the top of the knee .and in the back of the knee .It does not hurt just stiff and aches annoyingly .Anyway going on holiday soon .So i will ask to see someone when i come back .But to be honest it's not spoiling the cycling .Now i have had the rest .

Top Bottom