Given up on tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YellowV2

Veteran
I likewise haven’t had any trouble with tubeless 25mm tyres at 80/70 psi and that’s over a 6 year period. I do however believe some of the sealants are not great, especially for road use and the higher pressures.
I have had to use tyre ‘worms’ on three occasions each time successfully, on one of them it took 2 large ones in a sidewall gash which just about got me home ok at about 30/40 psi.

The other side of the bed is that way - - - > :whistle:

Who me?? :laugh:

I just pointed out the why someone's comment on car tyre pressures was misguided.

Then for some bizarre reason @IanH talked about "imagining" things. Something I never said - in fact I wasn't even addressing him with my post.

Why is he so defensive about his tyres? How did my simple factual statements disturb his equilibrium?? And why do YOU care?

Maybe we'll never know ...

Dadam

Anyway, to derail the thread away from the handbag swinging and back to the topic, I've no plans to ditch tubes for road but tempted to try it for my MTB. However from where I'm standing it does seem like a black art with special valves, special tape, special gloop, esoteric rubber things for repairs and secret techniques for seating the tyre!

Jody

Stubborn git
Anyway, to derail the thread away from the handbag swinging and back to the topic, I've no plans to ditch tubes for road but tempted to try it for my MTB. However from where I'm standing it does seem like a black art with special valves, special tape, special gloop, esoteric rubber things for repairs and secret techniques for seating the tyre!

It's easy enough

Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake; Eye of newt and toe of frog, Wool of bat and tongue of dog, Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

And apply to the inside of the tyre

The problems come if you use a brand of newt incompatible with your rim system. Which of course only a fool would do 🤦‍♀️

Dadam

It's easy enough

Link to a good tutorial vid or page would be good. I've watched a few so-so ones

Jody

Stubborn git
Link to a good tutorial vid or page would be good. I've watched a few so-so ones

I haven't ever watched a tutorial on it. Tape your rims whilst keeping the tape tought, tighten tubeless valves, seat tyre then add goo. Job done

Ajax Bay

Guru
Ian,
English is your 1st language, right?
I think my post was pretty clear. New glasses needed, perhaps? 🤷‍♀️
The other side of the bed is that way - - - > :whistle:
Meanwhile, I will continue riding with tubes in my tyres anyway!
Colin - That was exactly going to be my recommendation to Matt: bravo!
@matticus a little more respect/leeway for the senior element please.
As you will find (in ?20 years time) change is a challenge. Not many anciens have the spirit to go tubeless (see also modern disc type brakes).
Hope you find an excellent 200 soon to complete.

Top Bottom