Giving up on my head cam, I think.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a cheap video camera with helmet and handlebar mount, the picture is a bit a dodgy but watchable and battery life is poor but long enough for my commute so upgrading wouldn't solve what's on my mind which is....... is there any point?

I don't see enough traffic to film other peoples mishaps and nothing (and hopefully won't) really happens to me as I live in a smallish town that doesn't really have road rage and massive congestion problems.

So I often delete the footage without even watching it and sometimes I'm almost hoping for a severe near miss on an island so I can post it on here and be all indignant about it....

Have others tried it and thought the same or do you get a sense of security and safety by having a black-box-ride-recorder strapped to their head.

(please don't think I'm dissing cycle cammers in large cities where it probably has a use its just if I saved it all to DVD I would have hours of near identical boring footage)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am a bit like you. Mine gathers dust on my desk now as I can't be bothered to put it on my helmet. The battery life is also short, no more than 75 minutes anyway. I, too, don't see the point.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I am a bit like you. Mine gathers dust on my desk now as I can't be bothered to put it on my helmet. The battery life is also short, no more than 75 minutes anyway. I, too, don't see the point.

Good to know it's not just me then..... I thought it would be exciting to watch my commute afterwards but alas its not.......

Hip Priest

Veteran
If you're not getting any genuine use or pleasure from it, then stick it Ebay and spent the proceeds on something you'll enjoy. Helmet-camming isn't for me either, although I do enjoy some cammers' youtube channels.

OP
OP
simon the viking
If you're not getting any genuine use or pleasure from it, then stick it Ebay and spent the proceeds on something you'll enjoy. Helmet-camming isn't for me either, although I do enjoy some cammers' youtube channels.

It was only 8 quid delivered! so I'll just hold onto it for holidays or Interesting scenic rides, I only bought it to experiment with, I was going to put a decent one on my birthday list once I got in to it.... won't bother me thinks

D

Deleted member 20519

[QUOTE 2484210, member: 30090"]The difference between other head cammers and you viking as that the other cammers purposely put themselves into bad positions so they come into conflict and then post their stuff.

Try riding in ths middle of the road doing only 10mph, ignore all road markings and road signs and rather flippantly flip the finger or shake the coffee cup at any other motorist out there.

Guarantee you'll end up with some footage.;)[/quote]

:popcorn:

OP
OP
simon the viking
[QUOTE 2484210, member: 30090"]The difference between other head cammers and you viking as that the other cammers purposely put themselves into bad positions so they come into conflict and then post their stuff.

Try riding in ths middle of the road doing only 10mph, ignore all road markings and road signs and rather flippantly flip the finger or shake the coffee cup at any other motorist out there.

I did wonder if I was doing it wrong.....:whistle:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

reaction_cool_story_bro_chair_flip.gif

Top Bottom