Glasgow 100

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by redcard, 15 Jul 2012.

1. redcard

redcard Über Member

Not sure if anyone is interested in this, not sure I am anyway! Bit expensive for my liking, though out of all the sportives etc it's probably the most suitable location-wise for me, as I know part of the route and I can easily get there without transport worries.

http://www.action.org.uk/glasgow_100

2. GlasgowGaryH

GlasgowGaryH Über Member

Too expensive for me

3. Are you just looking at the Sportive option, the Fund Raiser option is more realistic, £28 entry £30 raise. Its not local to me so I won't be entering ;)

4. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Guys, £ 50.00 for a day out on the bike, food included, mechanical support, even a medal, is not expensive imo.
    No way I could do 100 km, for those who can it could be fun with no worries of being left broken down in some remote place by yourself.

5. zizou

zizou Veteran

I am on those roads so regularly that £50 is too steep to justify.

The action medical sportives are for a good cause, well run with generally good routes but for me they are too expensive to consider doing again when some of the 'competition' like the Drumlanrig Tearfund can put on a great sportive too and all they ask for is a donation (whether it be £10 or £1000)

Scoosh, Hawk and HLaB like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice