Glasgow Green to Polmadie / Rutherglen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

magnatom;177805][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse;177801][QUOTE=QuickDraw said:
Now now. There's good and bad on both sides.

Glasgow has football, only one sport, opennessugly residents, culturepoverty, hospitalitydesperation, shopping3 furra pouna!, sense of humouris a joke, etc and Edinburgh has...em... a big rock with a castle on it - a sort of Dumbarton with funny accents, class, money, beauty, a European seat of education and medicine, AIDS, no Scotsmen, Heroin by the smackload, crap football teams, snobs and a floral clock

;)

Eeeeeeeenin tyyyyynnnness!

Scitsmiiiiiiiiiiyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyn!

or

Heeeeeeebin Noooooooooooooys![/QUOTE]

Tetedelacourse;177853][QUOTE=magnatom;177805][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse said:
Scitsmiiiiiiiiiiyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyn!

or

Heeeeeeebin Noooooooooooooys!

I wonder if anyone else has a clue about what we are saying ;)[/QUOTE]

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse;177801][QUOTE=QuickDraw said:
Now now. There's good and bad on both sides.

Glasgow has football, only one sport, opennessugly residents, culturepoverty, hospitalitydesperation, shopping3 furra pouna!, sense of humouris a joke, etc and Edinburgh has...em... a big rock with a castle on it - a sort of Dumbarton with funny accents, class, money, beauty, a European seat of education and medicine, AIDS, no Scotsmen, Heroin by the smackload, crap football teams, snobs and a floral clock

While tempting, the ready availability of heroin will never make up for being able to go about your business without Japanese tourists taking your photograph every 2 minutes.

Plus of course Glasgow's way ahead of most places in so many things:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7227088.stm
The same number of gangs as London and all done with only a sixth of the population. Wha's like us?

Tetedelacourse

You've never lived until you've sat in Kelvingrove park and got mortal drinking Buckie. One of the happiest days of my life that was!

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
You've never lived until you've sat in Kelvingrove park and got mortal drinking Buckie. One of the happiest days of my life that was!

Oops. You've mentioned Buckie. Patrick Stevens will be along in a minute to tell us all about it and how we all eat deep fried mars bars.

That hill in Kelvingrove where everyone sits in the sunshine (it happens sometimes) always has loads of Buckie bottles lying about it. At least now I know who's responsible.

Tetedelacourse

QuickDraw said:
Oops. You've mentioned Buckie. Patrick Stevens will be along in a minute to tell us all about it and how we all eat deep fried mars bars.

That hill in Kelvingrove where everyone sits in the sunshine (it happens sometimes) always has loads of Buckie bottles lying about it. At least now I know who's responsible.

:ohmy::thumbsup::ohmy:

Don't pay any attention to that old coalminer's daughter!:biggrin:

Right, I know no-one else is interested, but:

Young Stig and I checked it out at the weekend, doing around 10 miles together along NCN75. A bit messy up at Newton, some jakeys around Parkhead / London Road area and some police sorting out some trouble at the end of the Green/Weir/Saltmarket area (close to a couple of shooting galleries - it was bad there in the summer).

Otherwise it wasn't bad. A bit lumpy through tree roots in places and probable one to save until the evenings are lighter. But seeing the oarsmen out sculling and the wildlife was good.

lazyfatgit

Thanks for the info Stig.

despite being to Glasgow by bike lots of times (family in Partick), i've never actually followed this route.

and icidentally guys, we drink a larger proprtion of the Monks purple tonic out here in north lanarkshire than anywhere else.;)

I was born in Glasgow, brought up on Arran and now live in Motherwell via a Aberdeen for a couple of years. Commute from Motherwell into my work at Robroyston. Route I follow is via hamilton, Bothwell, Uddingston, along London Road to Mount Vernon then head up towards Stepps Road to Millerston then over to Robroyston. Works out at 13.8 miles according to my bike computer. Not a bad route, very quiet traffic wise in the morning but pretty busy late afternoon through Uddingston and Bothwell on the way home

Top Bottom