Glasgow School of Art burned down! Again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Either the paranormal exists or somebody has got a huge grudge against the place. If I was the insurer I'd be starting with a list of all the students who have been thrown off courses in the last 4 years.

AndyRM

XOXO
It looks a lot worse this time, with surrounding buildings also affected. Not good, at all, and I feel for any students who may have lost work which is likely given it's final show season.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Based on nothing but my professional experience I expect the cause will be an electrical fault.
Either something has been left on over night or has malfunctioned.

This one looks much worth than the last one. Very sad. And ultimately the damage is so severe that the cause of the fire may never be known.

Slick

Guru
Based on nothing but my professional experience I expect the cause will be an electrical fault.
Either something has been left on over night or has malfunctioned.

This one looks much worth than the last one. Very sad. And ultimately the damage is so severe that the cause of the fire may never be known.
Based on much less, I felt malicious was likely.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Initial noises say a rebuild if the building hasn't been too damaged..
I'd imagine after two fires, the building must have suffered some damage.

Slick

Guru
Looked gutted so I'm sure they are going to have a rethink about what they want from it.

Still under construction in parts, no doubt they will be looking at their activities in the coming weeks.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Listed buildings in England have an obligation on the owner to rebuild it if at all possible.
I imagine Scotland is similar and they will have no choice but to reinstate it.

Slick

Guru
The money saved on an on site security watchman presence pales into insignificance over the cost of the damage.
Actually, and this is just from personal experience, but as soon as I saw the scaffolding on fire my first thought was security wars.

Your right of course, especially when the alarm was raised by the public instead of the inbuilt systems they had in place.

Top Bottom