Glasgow - where to stay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We - Cyclemagic - are coming up to Glasgow to do a roadshow at the ToB.

Haven't been for 25 years and am wondering which area to book a hotel in. We'll be staying at a Premier Travel Inn coz we get a business deal. We're staying both Friday and Saturday nights so want to be near enough to go into town but will have two large vans with us and need somewhere with a car park, so I guess we need to be out of town a bit.

Ta.

Tetedelacourse

I think there's one of them at Charing Cross - which is 5 minutes from everything. You'd have to use the NCP car park nearby though so that would cost a lot.

QuickDraw

There's a travel inn just off George Square about 10 mins walk from Glasgow Green. It's across the road from an NCP car park. Whether or not your vans are too high or not I don't know. Probably the hotel would be able to tell you.

Failing that there's one out at Stepps which is handy for the motorway so getting there and into Glasgow is easy. I guess about 15 mins drive from Glasgow Green.

For somewhere nicer to stay within walking distance of pubs there are 2 about 100 yards apart on the border between Bearsden and Milngavie. About 30 mins drive from Glasgow Green.

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
I think there's one of them at Charing Cross - which is 5 minutes from everything. You'd have to use the NCP car park nearby though so that would cost a lot.

I forgot about that one which is quite embarrassing because if I look above my monitor right now I can see the top 7 floors of it.

It's got an NCP car park next door and handy for lots of pubs and 20 yards from Seventh Heaven if you're into that sort of thing.

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
correction - the only premier travel inn in the vicinity is in Stepps

Where did you get that from? I couldn't get the link to work and I'm sitting looking at big mutli-storey building with a sign on it saying Premier Travel Inn. I ride past the 2 in Bearsden/Milngavie every day and they were definitely still there this morning.

Tetedelacourse

QuickDraw said:
Where did you get that from? I couldn't get the link to work and I'm sitting looking at big mutli-storey building with a sign on it saying Premier Travel Inn. I ride past the 2 in Bearsden/Milngavie every day and they were definitely still there this morning.

I thought Charing cross was a premier one! But then panicked that I was adding to my reputation as a gobshite and checked on premiertravelinn's website and the only one for Glasgow that came up was Stepps.:biggrin:

papercorn2000

There's a travel lodge on the M74 at Bothwell services about 20 min or so from Glasgow Green. Loads of parking but may be a bit noisy.

QuickDraw

I checked the NCP car park next to the Charing Cross Premier Travel Inn on my way in ths morning. It's got a height restriction of 1.9m which rules out all but the smallest of vans I guess. Same will probably apply to the car park to the George Square one as well.

It might be worth contacting the hotel to see if they can recommend anything. Also since you're officially part of the event perhaps the police or the council will have somewhere the tour vehicles can park near Glasgow Green. From there it's only 10 minutes walk to the Travel Inn at Geroge Square.

I'm planning to take my 2 oldest kids, 8 and 10 to see the race. Should I be seeking out the Cyclemagic stand?

Top Bottom