Glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's that time of year again. The temperature is dropping a little in the mornings so everytime I pull up at a set of lights my PowerRace glasses completely fog up and take a good 50 - 100 yards of movement to clear fully. I've tried fake Oakley, Oakley, PowerRace, Briko, Madison etc and have yet to find a pair that don't fog up. It's now getting so bad I'm considering wearing one of my helmets to see if the change in airflow would help.

Anyone recommend glasses that don't fog up? I don't hang about on my commute so I understand why the glasses fog up just not how to stop them.

I Can`t say I have a problem with Oakley's steaming/fog up
Though I do wash/rinse the glasses after every trip ..
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/muc-off-eyewear-and-goggle-anti-fog-treatment/

Last edited:

Katherine

Guru
Endura spectral anti fog glasses. I have the yellow for damp dark winter riding. Works well for me but I do wear a helmet.

Tojo

Über Member
It's that time of year again. The temperature is dropping a little in the mornings so everytime I pull up at a set of lights my PowerRace glasses completely fog up and take a good 50 - 100 yards of movement to clear fully. I've tried fake Oakley, Oakley, PowerRace, Briko, Madison etc and have yet to find a pair that don't fog up. It's now getting so bad I'm considering wearing one of my helmets to see if the change in airflow would help.

Anyone recommend glasses that don't fog up? I don't hang about on my commute so I understand why the glasses fog up just not how to stop them.

I use 3M fuel safety glasses they have vents down the side and at the top of the nose they never have fogged up on me yet....These are the same as mine, they do other colours of frame / lenses and they have a high impact rating, you can pick them up for about £15.........:thumbsup:
(A wee bit cheaper than my Oakleys that the lens keeps popping out of...:banghead:)
8796736094238.jpg

zacklaws

Guru
Push them onto your head when you stop? Easy without a helmet

And as I found out on PBP this year on a night with my clear lenses for night riding, checkpoints I would lift them onto the top of my head, but when you set off again your vision is impaired caused by the grease from your sweaty head and hair getting on the inside of the lenses making light sources create a star effect to the point you could not see. The same effect would happen during the day, but not so bad, just greasy marks on the lenses to look through

Top Bottom