Scratch Proof Prescription glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jackrabbit

Help! I wear my prescription glasses when I ride and they keep getting scratches from tiny rock etc. I am on my second pair in two months. Does anyone have any advice?

P.S I looked up the Uline safety glasses and the Oakley prescription ones but neither seem to be scratch resistant.

Second pair in two months? You need to rethink things. Keeping glasses scratch-free is a function of care and quality.
You can have your prescription glasses treated with anti-scratch coating at the optometrist where you had them made. It is an excellent investment and with proper care and not cleaning your glasses with gritty cloths, you'll get their full life out of them and they'll still be good in two years time when your prescription has changed.

Even muddy glasses don't become scratched if you don't rise them before wiping.

Modern coatings are highly scratch resistant but they're not made of diamond. Flying stones hitting your face hard enough to chip even untreated glasses will sting your face. That's the sign for you to back off or get out of the angle grinder's spark trail.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
depends what your prescription is ?
I need reading glasses so use bifocal safety glasses for work that can double as cycling glasses and are cheap enough not to worry .

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I use cheap cycling glasses with prescription inserts and multiple different outer lens choices, to preserve my glasses. A new set every five years or so and the insert has been redeployed to the new set.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What are you doing to scratch them so quickly ? I have RX inserts in some standard cycling glasses (choakleys - chinese oakleys) and they've not scratched badly - there is a scratch from sliding down a MTB trail on my front/face/helmet, but not from general use.

Jody

Stubborn git
P.S I looked up the Uline safety glasses and the Oakley prescription ones but neither seem to be scratch resistant.

All polycarbonate lenses will suffer scratching. Even glass will but not as easily.

Top Bottom