Glenisla 100km audax ride report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Rab said:
...(last sentence before the line across the page)...

I'd never noticed that before :biggrin:

General rule is that if there is a deadline then the date appears in the same line as "Facilities" e.g 30/4 would appear if the deadline was 30th April.

If you are coming I'll let Alan know.

It's a good route, albeit the first control is not very far into the ride and a bit of an embuggerance. I don't think anyone ever stops "properly" until Ballater, and then again at Spittal of Glenshee Hotel (always good for composing onself after the descent - last year a few of the lads I was riding with hit 60mph, although I didn't due to some twat in a car deciding to overtake me then slamming on his brakes when he realised he was not going to make the corner :angry:).

The end of the route usually takes you down the main Kirriemuir to Forfar road which is an awful road IMO, but I spoke with Alan last year about it and he may have changed the route to take it round a much better quiet road - if not I can always tell you the route before the off.

I'll point out who to expect in the "fast group" to you at the start ;)

Noodley said:
I'll point out who to expect in the "fast group" to you at the start :sad:

good, so I'll know who to avoid :rolleyes:

Still chewing this one over, shall make a decision this week

Sorry Noodley, can't make it :sad:

I screwed up with my dates :evil:, I thought the Etape Caledonia was on the weekend of the 24th 25th, turns out it is the 18th. Consequently as I am doing the Drumlanrig challenge this weekend, I better give the family some time.

Top Bottom