Glitter.....RANT!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really, really wish the powers that be would make this bl**dy stuff illegal:evil:

I had a house full for Christmas day and the wrapping paper is covered in the stuff, cards are covered in the stuff etc etc. I`ve vacuumed time, and time, and time again and still it is everywhere - all over the settees, carpet, ME, every surface and place imaginable the stuff is twinkling away, I`m sick of it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Got that off my chest now, hope you guys all had a good Christmas:okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
I read the title and thought this was a thread about he who must never even be mentioned.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I really, really wish the powers that be would make this bl**dy stuff illegal:evil:

I had a house full for Christmas day and the wrapping paper is covered in the stuff, cards are covered in the stuff etc etc. I`ve vacuumed time, and time, and time again and still it is everywhere - all over the settees, carpet, ME, every surface and place imaginable the stuff is twinkling away, I`m sick of it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Got that off my chest now, hope you guys all had a good Christmas:okay:

[QUOTE 5482051, member: 9609"]If should be banned on environmental grounds, it is a purposefully made microplastic, and in the very way we use it, it is highly likely to get into the environment. We wash it off our hands and our clothes - it goes down the plug hole, straight through our sewage systems, into the river and out to sea.

Glitter is micro-plastics.[/QUOTE]
I agree completely.

My 7-year old daughter would not, “But it’s so sparkly, Daddy!”

Katherine

Guru
I don't like glitter getting everywhere and sticking to everything it touches, but happily I've noticed slightly less glitter on cards sent to us this year.
As I wasn't in school leading up to Christmas, I missed out on the glittery mess the children make.
Now that we know about microplastics It's shocking that there is still so much glitter in use.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 5482051, member: 9609"]It should be banned on environmental grounds, it is a purposefully made microplastic, and in the very way we use it, it is highly likely to get into the environment. We wash it off our hands and our clothes - it goes down the plug hole, straight through our sewage systems, into the river and out to sea.

Glitter is micro-plastics.

edit; some glitters are sugar based and some are a mineral that should be safe(?) but the vast majority is a type of polythene bonded to aluminium.[/QUOTE]
This. Here's a fascinating read on the stuff. Anyone got an idea about the question that Mrs Dyer refuses to answer?

snorri

Legendary Member
This. Here's a fascinating read on the stuff. Anyone got an idea about the question that Mrs Dyer refuses to answer?
, I clicked on link and the caption under the image at the top was enough to convince me, ........................glitter is bad:sad::sad:.
Who would want to have anything to do with aluminium metalized polyethylene terephthalate.?
I would guess Mrs Dyer has been told not to admit that her best customer is the military.

Basil.B

Guru
I loathe the stuff as well.
Any card that I receive which has glitter on it goes straight in the bin.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If glitter wasn't bad enough some cards, gifts and even balloons are now filled with a plastic/metallic covfefe confetti. The stuff is getting all over the house!

Lots of non-recyclable giftwrap this year too. Grr.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Hate the stuff along with that wretched glitter confetti and stars. Child 1 put some glitter stars in Mrs B's birthday card last year. I still find the damn things in the garden and her birthday was at the beginning of July.:angry:
Christmas 2018 will also probably be the last time we wrap presents in specific Christmas paper, having discovered some of the the rolls we had bought in 2017 doesn't recycle. The stock of recyclable stuff will be used up, then it's brown paper.

Top Bottom