Glitter.....RANT!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I made a very conscious effort this year, with the regards recycling of wrapping paper etc

However, these efforts were blown out of the water, when noticing the amount of plastic wrapping there was on presents and food articles

One box of cheese crackers I bought from Morrisons had more plastic than crackers !!!!

alicat

Legendary Member
I once put a roll of sparkly gift wrap on the back of my Brompton. It was quite reflective in a kaleidoscopic sort of way. I don't think glitter was involved tbh. I have never been given so much room when being passed.

MikeG

Guru
A friend of my daughter is a millionaire (at 27) because of glitter. She makes Youtube clips showing how to paint yourself with the damn stuff. She gets flown all around the world to various shindigs by fashion magazines and make-up manufacturers.......

The world has gone absolutely stark raving mad.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Harrumph. Quite right too. And while we're about it - brightly coloured clothing. When did that ever become a thing? Ecru, woad, madder. If they were good enough for our ancestors, they are good enough for us. And what's with this newfangled and frankly dangerous fashion for iron? Bronze is far better for the environment - much less nasty fuel needed to work it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Harrumph. Quite right too. And while we're about it - brightly coloured clothing. When did that ever become a thing? Ecru, woad, madder. If they were good enough for our ancestors, they are good enough for us. And what's with this newfangled and frankly dangerous fashion for iron? Bronze is far better for the environment - much less nasty fuel needed to work it.
Iron is a base metal, bronze an alloy. First seperate all the metals, then make a new one. Using more fuel.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

Someone's been on the bronze orientation course ! I'm sticking with chipping.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I read the title and thought this was a thread about he who must never even be mentioned.
Funny enough. I found the tickets when I went to see him in Slice of Saturday Night at Westcliff in 1991. He was great, although as Eric 'Rubber Legs' Devine he didn't need to do much acting. :whistle:

Katherine

Guru
I think I've hoovered up all the glitter after taking down the cards and putting the decorations away.
But I'm sure I'll be finding it for weeks anyway :sad:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Does tinsel count as glitter? It seems to be pretty well stabilised and doesn't wander off. BTW, am I allowed to be outraged by fallen needles from Christmas trees? They must be out-gassing vast quantities of terpenes.

Top Bottom