Global effing warming...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
...I can see why they changed the name to Climate Change!

I don't think I've ever lit the fire in May before:angry:

I had three layers on today on my ride and another one in the caff, al fresco.

Brrrrr:cold:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That's got sod all to do with it, it's just Britain's unpredictable weather for you.

It's reasonably ok up here by the way just to rub it in!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Cold here too. I was deceived by the sun outside, went out in shorts - ouch that was cold :sad:

The wind was something else too. 7 miles to the supermarket felt like I was riding in a wind tunnel. At least I got a bit of a push when returning loaded up.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There, there, rich p. Calm yourself. The peer-reviewed experts know a whole lot more about this than we proles could ever understand. They will all look after us (while making a shed load of money, by the looks of things..)

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Mad Doug Biker said:
That's got sod all to do with it, it's just Britain's unpredictable weather for you.

It's reasonably ok up here by the way just to rub it in!

Where's up here MDB?

I thought we were supposed to have warmer wevver darn sarf!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
slowmotion said:
There, there, rich p. Calm yourself. The peer-reviewed experts know a whole lot more about this than we proles could ever understand. They will all look after us (while making a shed load of money, by the looks of things..)

I daren't put this thread in P&L! We can get away with a load of old bollix here:ohmy:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have studied insects for several years now, and beleive me, there ARE species which are very heat sensitive that are gradually moving north and starting to colonise new places. These aren't just summer migrants, these are species that are surviving year after year.

If the weather was exactly the same then this would be impossible, so clearly SOMETHING is happening, and it's got sod all to do with money.

That said, I'd be curious to know what the winter there did to them.

In short, ignore the politicians and just watch what nature is doing.

iLB

Hello there
two weekends ago- warm, beautiful sunshine

29597_10150163183985431_572070430_12013453_4829626_n.jpg

yesterday- freezing cold and raining

27873_10150170873740431_572070430_12189518_4504791_n.jpg

which of these was taken in the south and which in the east midlands/north? more of the first one please !!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Anyway, despite what is said, the real proof in the pudding will be what happens in the long run, so we can argue all of this until we are blue in the face, it won't make a damn bit of difference (although I know what I know from the insect example not to mention a few other things too).

The sooner we clean the crap up from the air land and sea the better, and that's just the pollution, not GW or CC.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
iLB said:
two weekends ago- warm, beautiful sunshine

29597_10150163183985431_572070430_12013453_4829626_n.jpg

yesterday- freezing cold and raining

27873_10150170873740431_572070430_12189518_4504791_n.jpg

which of these was taken in the south and which in the east midlands/north? more of the first one please !!

Careful Andy, that bloke's just catching you up!

Top Bottom