global warming.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
A-woman-clears-the-snow-i-011.jpg

No more than usual..........

Sent the missus out to clear it I see. Is she going to get your lager later?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I just wish the wind would fark off. It's been unrelenting here since about September :angry:. Some sunshine, less rain, and higher temperatures (i.e. into double figures as it is June after all) would also be nice. I won't be holding my breath though. :rolleyes:

classic33

Leg End Member
I just wish the wind would fark off. It's been unrelenting here since about September :angry:. Some sunshine, less rain, and higher temperatures (i.e. into double figures as it is June after all) would also be nice. I won't be holding my breath though. :rolleyes:
Not asking for much then!

mustang1

Guru
It's now called climate change. Global warming is just so yesterday darling;)
Yeah. I think its so the politicians can tax us regardless of which way the weather turns.

One day they might come out with Day Tax, in case, ya know, daylight comes along the following day. Might as well add Night Tax too...

mustang1

Guru
The thing is we have warmer winters than we are supposed to due to the gulf stream. Climate change is likely to alter it's course which may result in us having a cooler climate for some of the year.
It was roughly when the scare mongers stopped shouting and the scientists started thinking that global warming was changed to climate change.
I thought scientists are always thinking and scare mongers are always shouting.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I thought the weather was supposed to be improving towards the end of this week? Or were the media talking about SE England only, as per usual? Any forecast I can find for the north west is now saying it is to be nice on Wednesday, showers on Thursday, then a return to wet and windy for the weekend. Oh, and still cold!

Drago

Legendary Member
I've seen The Day After Tomorrow. After all the rain and hail comes the awesome cold killer weather from space thin, and Dennis Quaid picking about unshaven in a winter jacket.

Keep your eyes peeled. If we can't see Quaid we should be fine.

Davidc

Guru
It's now called climate change. Global warming is just so yesterday darling;)

It was roughly when the scare mongers stopped shouting and the scientists started thinking that global warming was changed to climate change.

This is totally incorrect.

These rigorously defined scientific terms are both over 100 years old and have NEVER changed their meanings.

Global Warming CAUSES climate change.

To suggest that they are the same is equivalent to saying that the FORCE you apply to a bike pedal IS THE SAME THING AS the ACCELERATION of the bike.

One CAUSES the other.

Top Bottom