global warming.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
I blame the hole in the ozone layer, whatever happened to Media and Government frenzy over that??:scratch:

Action was taken (internationally), the cause (mainly CFCs) largely stopped, and now the ozone layer is healing, with the hole expected to be closed sometime between 10 and 20 years from now.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I thought the weather was supposed to be improving towards the end of this week? Or were the media talking about SE England only, as per usual? Any forecast I can find for the north west is now saying it is to be nice on Wednesday, showers on Thursday, then a return to wet and windy for the weekend. Oh, and still cold!

Since the BBC moved up north you rarely hear the SE mentioned in weather forecasts.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
This is totally incorrect.

These rigorously defined scientific terms are both over 100 years old and have NEVER changed their meanings.

Global Warming CAUSES climate change.

To suggest that they are the same is equivalent to saying that the FORCE you apply to a bike pedal IS THE SAME THING AS the ACCELERATION of the bike.

One CAUSES the other.

Funny, I recall them saying it was cooling & that was causing climate change. Personally I blame the cows.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I had worked it out but but can never resist the occasional backwards glance to see if it's improved...

Mouse over your user name to the right on the blue bar at the top of the page; click on "ignore nodes" on the drop down menu; then select those sections of the forum that you have always wanted to disappear :smile:. The world will instantly become a friendlier place :okay:.

This is totally incorrect.

These rigorously defined scientific terms are both over 100 years old and have NEVER changed their meanings.

Global Warming CAUSES climate change.

To suggest that they are the same is equivalent to saying that the FORCE you apply to a bike pedal IS THE SAME THING AS the ACCELERATION of the bike.

One CAUSES the other.

With my performance lately I'd be better off trying to use The Force to get me up hills :cry:

Brandane

Legendary Member
All we need for a demonstration is a supervolcano to go bang. Don't fancy it though.

Which will probably happen at some point in the future, and that will be the end of the matter. Mother nature will have spoken and we can all stop bleating on about climate change and our futile efforts at stopping it.

gavgav

Guru
I thought the weather was supposed to be improving towards the end of this week? Or were the media talking about SE England only, as per usual? Any forecast I can find for the north west is now saying it is to be nice on Wednesday, showers on Thursday, then a return to wet and windy for the weekend. Oh, and still cold!
London will be above 20c and so the Daily Distress are in meltdown with their "hottest British day ever" headlines. Basically the rest of us will have avg temps at about 16c and at least a bit of sun.......and high winds which is normal weather these days :crazy:.

Oh and I'm off to the cricket at edgbaston on Tuesday so cue :rain::cold:

gavgav

Guru
[QUOTE 3726442, member: 259"]NZ one day - should be a good match![/QUOTE]
They are superb to watch aren't they!! Hoping they bat 1st and so at least will see one set of big hitting and a few runs!

Tin Pot

Guru
You can't trust scientists, what with their ability to change their worldview at any given time with nothing more than solid and repeatable experimental evidence to back it up.

Can't trust 'em.

They should be like politicians and reflect the current society's popular thinking, regardless of the foundations of Scientific Method, eh @Over The Hill ? ;)

Top Bottom