Gloucester bound cyclist at Bromsgrove - Thanks for the tow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lozcs

Guru
On the winter hack and caught up with cyclist about 3 miles from home going up hill.

Drafted for about a mile not sure if he noticed as didn't look back then thought I should return the favour - pulled alongside thanked him for the tow and offered return of favour - had a quick chat and towed him the rest of my way.

Really enjoyed that as not ridden with other commuters before. Looked on endomondo and we stuck at around 20mpg for the rest of the way (would normally be about 18 on my road bike!)

So if it was you, thanks a lot and really impressed with your pace - especially since you said you were riding back to Gloucester!

Lawrence......

HovR

Über Member
Wasn't me!

Wish there were more cyclists on my commute - The ones I do see are generally pottering along leisurely at 10/12 mph, or going the opposite way.

On the winter hack and caught up with cyclist about 3 miles from home going up hill.

Drafted for about a mile not sure if he noticed as didn't look back then thought I should return the favour - pulled alongside thanked him for the tow and offered return of favour - had a quick chat and towed him the rest of my way.

Really enjoyed that as not ridden with other commuters before. Looked on endomondo and we stuck at around 20mpg for the rest of the way (would normally be about 18 on my road bike!)

So if it was you, thanks a lot and really impressed with your pace - especially since you said you were riding back to Gloucester!

Lawrence......

At least your commuter bike's a bit more economical than your roadie^_^

Top Bottom