Gloves for Bicycle Repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
No allergy here but I accidentally ordered some latex free gloves from st john ambulance on amazon and they were thicker and a bit less "catchy" ...or perhaps grippy...than latex...always order them now

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Latex are ok but I prefer vinyl, easier to pull on without tearing.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
When i worked in Labs I used to prefer latex as they allowed beter dexterity. We switched over to nitrile however for stock reasons when some people didn't get on with them. You can also get vinyl gloves really cheap though they are less comfortable and a bit bulky IME.

Whichever you do, try and make sure you get powder-free versions. I really dislike the drying feeling of talc in the powdered ones.

More seriously

Latex gloves can be an issue and the talcum powder used to make putting them on acted as a sensitiser

Nitrile is the way ahead

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
[QUOTE 3624112, member: 9609"]People wear gloves to fix a bike :wacko:[/QUOTE]

I learnt from fixing teleprinters that gloves get in the way. Barrier cream is an effective option. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rozalex-4...748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4add1e8104

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't get on with gloves of any kind either when working on bikes or when doing the household chores :girl:
They feel either too bulky or rip in shreds instantly.
This is quite vexing as my hands have permanently the "just scrubbed" look.
Of course none of this is of any help to the op :laugh:

2clepto

I am looking for good quality ones. Can you recommend a brand you have used?

you can get cloth backed thin rubber fronted gloves at wilkinsons for a pound and they last 20 or 30 bike services approx and theyre washable. ive only bought them from the largest stores.

Top Bottom