Gloves smell of old tramps underpants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Any tips for getting the piss smell out of my gloves? My over priced Gore Bike Wear gloves are too tight really, and extremely effective, so much so that even on the coldest mornings my hands sweat buckets. I try to open the gloves out to dry when I arrive at work, but somehow there is always enough sweat left to ferment to produce a particularly pungent odour!

You can only wash them on a low temprature setting, so that doesn't do much.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
how do you know what old tramps underpants smell like :tongue:

redjedi

Über Member
I suggest you take your riding gloves off before you handle old tramps underpants, use some rubber one instead.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Urgh - all the punchlines in first.

Change gloves to a lighter set, i.e. not so warm. Dry them quickly I'd say, and wash regularly - even a low temp in enough.

OP
OP
Watt-O

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
fossyant said:

Change gloves to a lighter set, i.e. not so warm. Dry them quickly I'd say, and wash regularly - even a low temp in enough.
Thanks EVP, I did leave myself wide open on that post. I'll just have to bin them and get some new ones!

redjedi

Über Member
fossyant said:

He was asking for it :tongue:

But OT I would use a lighter pair. I use Pearl Izumi Cyclone gloves all through the winter.

I also get sweaty hands, so these are just wind proof and shower resistant. They dry quickly and I wash them every couple of weeks.
They soon warm up nicely even in the sub zero temps we've had. Even when soaking wet, because they are wind proof they still remain warm.

So look for wind proof rather than fleecy winter gloves, you can always throw some liners in them if it get really cold.

02GF74

Über Member
clothes peg on the nose?

Top Bottom