Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andywinds

Hi, I've only ever worn MTB full finger gloves and would like some finger less for the warmer months. Can anyone recommend a pair please? The gloves I've used have always had gel pads, not sure if these are required for road use?

Sharky

Guru
I've never had a pair which stand out better than the rest and my last few pairs have come from ASDA!

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

I've never had a pair which stand out better than the rest and my last few pairs have come from ASDA!
fair enough. I'm not that bothered which ones I get, just wasn't sure if it was better to spend more money, don't want them falling apart!

Mike!

Guru
Specialized Body Geometry Gel work well for me, cheap gloves are ok for my shorter commuting rides but don't work so well on longer rides. The specialized were recommended on here so thought i would try them and they are much better.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have tried lots, most comfortable if you like lots of padding are for me specialized gel, then some bontrager gel ones, then some Louis garneau gel from Evans. I seem to have very sweaty hands so they all get stinky long before they wear out ... and yes they do go through the washing machine, they are OK for a couple of wears but then start to whiff again

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Thanks all, I will look at these brands.

Mike!

Guru
For the record my specialized ones have done probably the best part of 1200 miles and had several washes and are still ok. One small split on the edge but still holding up, will probably replace them before the summer though!

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

You'd be best off going to a few shops and trying some on for fit, seam and padding positioning
Yes I think I will, they need to be comfy. I did this for my MTB helmet, and I am glad I did, the one I was going to buy online was really uncomfortable in the shop. Plus the shop gave me a great discount and good advice.

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans always have a good selection ime and they'll price match a load of other retailers there and then if you find cheaper elsewhere

I found pearl Izumi the least good gloves wise, the pair I had got super pongy very quickly! xx(

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Evans always have a good selection ime and they'll price match a load of other retailers there and then if you find cheaper elsewhere

I found pearl Izumi the least good gloves wise, the pair I had got super pongy very quickly! xx(
I'll pop down and have a look. Thanks

Mrs M

Guru
image.jpeg
These are the only "Steptoe" gloves I have.
Bought them on sale for £10 a few years ago. Been ok but not as comfy as I'd hoped, will be trying a different kind next time.

Top Bottom