Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Q

QuickDraw

Thanks guys. Definitely better to have a broken bike than a broken me.

I'll be on to my insurance company after work tonight to see what I can claim for.

Tetedelacourse said:
Yowch, no luck QD, glad you escaped serious injury. Let's hope the perp gets caught red-handed (due to the cold). Hope you can claim on the insurance. Were you far from work? Was it a long hobble or a taxi?

It was an hour walk from Govan into town. The weather was good and I wasn't hurt really, just stiniging a bit, so I decided just to enjoy a gentle stroll along the river into work. It was good. And a couple of cyclists stopped to offer some assistance so thanks to the girl heading towards Govan and the guy going into the Science Centre if you're reading this. There was nothing that could be done but the offers were appreciated.

OP
OP
Q

QuickDraw

Thanks guys. Definitely better to have a broken bike than a broken me.

I'll be on to my insurance company after work tonight to see what I can claim for.

Tetedelacourse said:
Yowch, no luck QD, glad you escaped serious injury. Let's hope the perp gets caught red-handed (due to the cold). Hope you can claim on the insurance. Were you far from work? Was it a long hobble or a taxi?

It was an hour walk from Govan into town. The weather was good and I wasn't hurt really, just stiniging a bit, so I decided just to enjoy a gentle stroll along the river into work. It was good. And a couple of cyclists stopped to offer some assistance so thanks to the girl heading towards Govan and the guy going into the Science Centre if you're reading this. There was nothing that could be done but the offers were appreciated.

Tetedelacourse

I had a feckin stupid hour in Glasgow this morning too. Went to a meeting in Kinning Park industrial park. Got to within 500metres of start of park and got lost so stopped. Asked polis for directions, they were clueless (no pun intended). Phoned the woman I was meeting and got her assistant. Who said I should be in John St (next to George Sq). WTF! Got to George Sq literally when I got another call to say nope, actually the meeting IS in Kinning Park! so made my way back to where I was in the first place and then got directions in from there.

And all this time a Quick Draw hobbling to work!

Tetedelacourse

I had a feckin stupid hour in Glasgow this morning too. Went to a meeting in Kinning Park industrial park. Got to within 500metres of start of park and got lost so stopped. Asked polis for directions, they were clueless (no pun intended). Phoned the woman I was meeting and got her assistant. Who said I should be in John St (next to George Sq). WTF! Got to George Sq literally when I got another call to say nope, actually the meeting IS in Kinning Park! so made my way back to where I was in the first place and then got directions in from there.

OP
OP
Q

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:

Sounds like =your morning was eve worse than mine. At least I've got some scars and a ridiculous story to tell about the time I was knocked off my bike by a glove.

I had to come in on the train this morning. Not only is it worse than being on the bike it's probably worse than falling off the bike and having to walk for an hour.

OP
OP
Q

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:

Sounds like =your morning was eve worse than mine. At least I've got some scars and a ridiculous story to tell about the time I was knocked off my bike by a glove.

I had to come in on the train this morning. Not only is it worse than being on the bike it's probably worse than falling off the bike and having to walk for an hour.

Tetedelacourse

Train - nasty!

Meant to say, as I was driving around the town yesterday I saw two police on bikes going up the High Street. One was clearly fitter than the other and a gap developed. The first one got through the lights up at the Cathedral, the second got to the lights as they changed from AMBER to RED - and carried on through!

Wee bugger I thought.

Tetedelacourse

Train - nasty!

Meant to say, as I was driving around the town yesterday I saw two police on bikes going up the High Street. One was clearly fitter than the other and a gap developed. The first one got through the lights up at the Cathedral, the second got to the lights as they changed from AMBER to RED - and carried on through!

Wee bugger I thought.

Top Bottom