Glute pain and resolution

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Travs

Just wanted to put a post up informing rather than asking a question seeing as that's all I do:

Do a fair bit of mileage on a wattbike and recently had some sessions whereby I was starting to ache on the outside of my backside. Started off mildly and got progressively worse with each session whereby I had to stsop early and get off.
Turns out the issue is that I have spent my recent walking commute (approx. 1 mile each way) trying to supplement muscle toning by squeezing my glute at the end of each step ie when the leg is behind me. I'd noticed a couple of times that my backside was aching at the end of the day so happy that it was clearly having an effect.

Schoolboy error in not stretching and therefore the muscle had obviously shortened slightly - where I was on the drop, and, therefore, my hip angle was its most acute, putting force through the muscle when it was stretched was straining the muscle.
A good few minutes moving around on a lacrosse ball to massage and subsequent frequent stretching to elongate the muscle and all is now well so thought I'd share a resolution (albeit to a problem nobody asked) than just moaning about something else that's wrong with me...

Just wanted to put a post up informing rather than asking a question seeing as that's all I do:

Do a fair bit of mileage on a wattbike and recently had some sessions whereby I was starting to ache on the outside of my backside. Started off mildly and got progressively worse with each session whereby I had to stsop early and get off.
Turns out the issue is that I have spent my recent walking commute (approx. 1 mile each way) trying to supplement muscle toning by squeezing my glute at the end of each step ie when the leg is behind me. I'd noticed a couple of times that my backside was aching at the end of the day so happy that it was clearly having an effect.

Schoolboy error in not stretching and therefore the muscle had obviously shortened slightly - where I was on the drop, and, therefore, my hip angle was its most acute, putting force through the muscle when it was stretched was straining the muscle.
A good few minutes moving around on a lacrosse ball to massage and subsequent frequent stretching to elongate the muscle and all is now well so thought I'd share a resolution (albeit to a problem nobody asked) than just moaning about something else that's wrong with me...
Get someone to stand behind you, and repeatedly hoof you in the backside, for an hour or so. Repeat once a day for a week, then you will no longer suffer in the way you describe.

Top Bottom