GMP think filtering is illegal and threats of violence are ignored.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I did think the same when I read it earlier. Can’t see an issue going on the footage given.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
GMP have been anti cyclist for years. They are trying to change (nearly ended up in an argument with an ex. School friend and cyclist as they work for GMP, but I know enough cyclists, including myself, that GMP were not interested. Drivers got away with it.

I won't bother calling them next time, and may dish out my own 'recompense'

Good morning,

I didn't read the article that way,

This video clip shows you squeezing between vehicles and the lights changing then you being alongside entering into an argument with the driver of a moving vehicle.

To be clear your behaviour in this regard is to cease.

I read it as the arguing was the issue not the filtering.

I looked at the video a few times and noted flake99please's point that the rider was riding against the direction of the traffic for the lane he was in once the argument started.

Bye

Ian

alicat

Legendary Member
I read it as the arguing was the issue not the filtering.

I probably wouldn't have sent that video to the police. The cyclist is arguing with a driver in a moving vehicle then passing an advance stop line on the right. The arguing might not be an offence but it doesn't show common sense or regard for safety.

The police have taken the stance they have done because they don't like being told how to do their job.

Slick

Guru
That's the problem with videos and situations like this, it will always divide opinion.

The truth is the cyclist did nothing wrong, he was filtering safely when the driver took the nip at being passed by a cyclist whilst she had to sit there and she took her opportunity to refuse to let him back in to his own lane, then she threatened to strike him with the car or certainly knock him off next time. At that particular time, the opposite carriageway was the safest place for that guy to be. Also, he wasn't telling the cops how to do their job, just reporting another person who thinks it's okay to knock a cyclist off their bike if they dare to overtake them.

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^ and is there anything wrong with putting another point of view to the OP? Do we all have to fall in and repeat ad nauseam 'It's not fair, the whole world is against us'?

Slick

Guru
^^^ and is there anything wrong with putting another point of view to the OP? Do we all have to fall in and repeat ad nauseam 'It's not fair, the whole world is against us'?
Obviously there is nothing wrong with differing opinions as that's why most of us are here. My post was my attempt at putting forward mine which was more designed as an opposing view the the last few posts that seem to suggest the drivers behaviour was acceptable, or at least more acceptable than the cyclist.

Zanelad

Guru
I think the cyclist is a bit of a bell end. Filter by all means but he seems to expect to force his way into a line of moving traffic just because he wants too. I'd have told him to fark off too.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Personally I would have slotted in behind her car at the lights, when I saw them change but before the traffic started to move off. A quick glance at the driver behind, eye contact and a smile and all's good. Get into the flow of traffic and into primary position before you get to the junction. You can't expect people to move over while navigating a junction just because you got yourself into a silly position. She's not yielding but she doesn't have to, just drop back until you find somebody who will. And don't start arguments you can't win.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
So the footage showing the cyclist riding the wrong way up the other carriageway is acceptable?

You could argue that, since the motorist was intentionally blocking him from integrating into the traffic flow, his only choices were to stop or to overtake her.

In the absence of a solid white centreline, crossing it to overtake, with no oncoming traffic, was perfectly safe and legal.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It looked to me like he was overtaking at a junction and therefore having to go straight on from a 'turn right' lane. And I'm not convinced she was 'intentionally blocking' him. She just carried on across the junction as normal, which should have been perfectly predictable.

Top Bottom