GMTV Now - Should all cyclists have to take a national cycling test before being allowed on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
Cyclists no, but I think that drivers should.

Wolf04

The article on the website while brief seem to be on our side and no mention of any compulsory test. Though it is GMTV which is well known for it's insightful journalism. :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yes. They should then be able to conduct their vehicles on the road with only half remembered knowledge of that one off test, and laughably lenient punishment should they break traffic law, coupled with a general public toleration of that and of behaviour that would be considered appalling in any other social context. Any attempt to modify same should be villified in the national press as a war on the cyclist by the fascists of the nanny state.

Tharg2007

Veteran
i got the impression the story recommended that cyclists who are caught should have compulsory training. Wouldn't affect me so go for it. Although while they are at it maybe they should also catch RLJing cars too and also cars that stop in the ASL also cars that drive in the cycle lane when it is occupied. These traffic violations and general inconsideration by car drivers is more the cause of people on bikes riding on pavement etc as they are scared to ride the road.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The article talks about cycle path crapness "forcing" cyclists to use the road, sp I'd assume this to be a fairly typical "reduce obstructions to the kings of the road" piece, tbh.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Seems to make some valid points, but in the wrong way. Plus the first thing I saw was a picture of a cyclists captioned "Cyclists can cause chaos on the roads". :biggrin:

Top Bottom