Go on . . . gissa job!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just received an email from my boss at work saying that they're doing away with me and my mate's services this summer (after 4 and 7 years respectively), in order to employ cheap Polish labour at the golf course, instead! :angry:
A bit of a bummer, but it isn't going to spoil my holiday. ;)

Something will turn up! :angry:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Time to turn Pro. It can't be that hard (can it ?)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Course it will, geddit?

Will you stay in Scandinavia or follow that leggy Russian back to her dacha?

Isn't that constructive dismissal? If the job still exists then you can't just be disposed of to make way for cheaper labour. If it's that clearcut then you may have some recourse to law (assuming Swedish labour laws are similar to ours).

Paging Patrick Stevens!

Keith Oates

Janner
Not a good way to start the New Year Davyo, but having talked with you something in the translation field would be a good place to start looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Sheddy! I only cut the grass, not butcher it. :angry:

rich p! I follow the girl along the beach (pity I didn't have a helmet cam! :ohmy::tongue:), Russia might be a bit too far, though!

Chuffy! Yeah, I'll check out the legal position on my return.

26x25! Yeah, why not! Polish girls are nearly as fit charming as Russian girls. :tongue:

Cathryn! I get knocked down ...but I get up again. Plenty of time now to make that meet up in the spring.

Keith! There's a translator's job going at an embassy in Stockholm. Sounds good, but working indoors, regular hours, possibly with a shirt and tie. :ohmy:xx( The Embassy of not vey glamourous Eithiopia! :wacko:

Top Bottom