Go to pre ride meal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
PS a good alternative although not by much is Bircher muesli. Basically overnight oats but with added dried fruits (what ever you have) some chia seeds, grated apple and a pinch of ground cinnamon.

Main advantage is you prepare it the night before and eat it cold ie it‘s easier if you want to eat it roadside, pre-race.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Granola with dried fruit or porridge with the fruit and golden syrup

Domus

Guru
I soak jumbo oats in water overnight with chia seeds and a pinch of salt , in the morning add oat milk and heat. I serve it with banana, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, blueberries and a drizzle of honey, or on Sunday, golden syrup. Mmmmmmmmm
Coffee after and probably an hour before riding

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A meticulously curated acai bowl topped with handpicked exotic berries, served on artisanal coconut husk plates with a side of freshly squeezed dragon fruit juice.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
2 weetabix, milk, microwave for 2m40s, bit of sugar on top. Two mugs of tea. Anything bready sits in my stomach. I also tend to struggle to eat during a ride, which is one of the reasons I struggle with big miles. A pre-ride poo is essential.

Chief Broom

Veteran
A good wedge of no bake flap jack which contains oats ,honey, chopped prunes, mixed dried fruit, chopped nuts, peanut butter and mashed banana :okay:

My rides usually start with a bowl of porridge or cereal.

Edit: It used be a Weetabix type ceeral every day until 5 year ago but the bowel cancer chemo meant I couldn't manage cool things so I switched to hot porridge and that habit has stuck (now its porridge nearly every day for this creature of habit :laugh: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom