Going backwards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Sounds like your halfway there already Curve,just remember ,enjoy it,and you will keep coming back for more.:tongue:

P.H

Über Member
If your intention is serious weight loss, keep the speed down, slow steady riding burns fat in a way that racing round can't. There's some real experts on here that could explain why, all I know is that it works.
Enjoy it.

Curve, big endorsement for Rayment at Preston Circus, two bikes from there in the last 3 years, no issues! It's worth buying one of their discount cards for £20 before you buy the bike, it gets you 10% off. They'll let you ride round the precinct outside the shop. Servicing is good and genuinely priced. I have had a couple of little jobs done that they didn't charge for, they do however have a 'cake & beer' tin......
Any questions, please p.m. me.

Nick

gbb

Legendary Member
curve said:
I've been thinking about that. I don't really want to ride fast yet and I just want to get my fitness level up. I don't ever want to go offroad. So maybe I will just get a road bike.

I will just have to see what shiny machines catch my eyes when I walk into the shop tomorrow.

Hoho, i see the same pattern here that i took some years ago.

I wanted to get back into cycling in my 40s, and always had racers.
At the time, i couldnt get a roadbike in my pricerange so grudginly got a hybrid.
I HATED IT :angry::biggrin: The whole setup would never let me do the speed i wanted, even less so when i got fitter. I then had to wait 2 years until i could justify getting the bike i reallly wanted in the first place

If you fondly remember your racers, dont want to go off road, and are leaning toward a roadbike...dont get a hybrid.

Flatbar roadbike...not a bad compromise, but beware they 'could' get uncomfortable on your hands as you up the time on the bike...so they say.

Whatever you choose Curve...enjoy :biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
While in the shop do take the time to try a decent hardtail MTB like a Specialized Rockhopper. You will be amazed at the comfort, the controllability, the disc brakes and the suspension forks. You could make it even more comfortable by fitting Ergon grips and you could make it faster on tarmac by fitting commuter tyres with a ridge.

Just a thought. An MTB would enable you to get away from the traffic, which won't be the same as you remember it from all those years ago!

Top Bottom