Going clipped...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigD

Regular
Just got new bike have gone clip less in a, shimano ro88 spd sl wide shoes fit lovely , shimano pd r550 spd sl pedals resin taking a bit of getting used to in and out .But all very comfortable . no problems expected, good value shoped on line. take care enjoy. GET OUT THERE.
BIG D

OP
OP
dee.jay

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Well in better news, got my 2nd Ortlieb so now I can be fully loaded going to work.

Pity it's going to be 1' degree out in the morning, I think there'll be ice :sad:

Turbo

Clueless member
I've got a mate who after 8 years using clipless pedals he still occasionally unclips his left foot and goes to put his right down. Its quite funny to watch however not when your next to him at the lights. Be careful in the ice (really bad here) they're not the easiest to make a last second foot down decision.

OP
OP
dee.jay

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Ya that doesn't help - though my pedals came with a plastic insert in one side which means I don't have to be clipped in. I thought about removing it then figured that I'd be better off leaving it in and having choice.

Will have to decide in the morning what I will do - temps will dip to -1'C overnight according to forecast so think I'll be driving.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Or something else.

OP
OP
dee.jay

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Well I've now done about 20 miles on my clipped pedals. The only annoying thing I find is if I've clipped out of both to walk through a gate then getting back in is a pain in the arse. If I've managed to keep one clipped in then setting off and getting the other in is easy enough.

It does make going up hill easier as well because I can "pull" on the pedals round as well as push them to cycle forwards. Quite like it!

chap74

Regular
I am glad I went clipless too, no going back. It makes hills so much easier. Must switch on brain though esp first thing in the morning, had a couple of incident forgetting!!
Aldi shoes though, I've had a problem where the metal footbed came away completely ripped out of shoe with cleat still attached. Still waiting for Aldi to get back to me. The 60 day return ticked over because they sat in my cupboard for 6 months waiting for me to try them out (or getting the courage to). I may have been unlucky but I'd advise you to check the cleat security at least weekly. Have bought some shimanos now think I need to buy decent shoes for reliability.

Top Bottom