Going Forward grrr.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
[QUOTE 5255053, member: 43827"]It's not a new phrase, it's just a rather unimaginative alternative for something that already exists. Shakespeare had a little bit more wit and originality and would have come up with something a lot better.

P.S. This is the cafe, nothing is to be taken seriously, including mini rants. Going forward, life will carry on regardless.[/QUOTE]

You're right of course , some days my pet peeves get the better of my humour (such that it is)

Cheddar George

oober member
"I just want to touch base"

"Not if i
My brother in the USA keeps talking about reaching out to people. What's wrong with contacting or getting in touch?

Give the guy a break, he just wants to "touch base" with people.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I thought we were over "going forward/moving forward" from years ago. Dont tell me it's doing the rounds again?

No, it's just that some old duffers aren't aware of these neologisms and fads until they hear about them in The Archers or Jeremy Vine mentions them on Radio 2, which usually comes several years after they have passed their peak.

I knew gin had had its day once one of the characters in The Archers set up his own distillery.

See also: "What is a flat white?"

Top Bottom