Going From Dumb To Smart Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Completed Ventoux video this morning and it was way easier than I expected, nice cadence and sweet spot most of the way.
Probably because it's not "too" steep, basically 8% to 9% most of the way, max 12% for very short sections, and just averaging 10% for the last few kms.
First HC video I have completed feeling I could go again^_^, might not feel like that tomorrow.

mjd1988

Guru
A smart turbo really is a game changer, it's hard to describe how much more immersive it is, sounds like you are already reaping the benefits well done

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If you enjoy those Tacx videos it migth be worth having a look at Rouvy as well. I've been using it for a few months now.

When I got my turbo a few years ago I tried Rouvy (and RGT as well). I was very impressed with Rouvy but I didn't want to pay for two subscriptions and for reasons I can't fully remember now I stuck with Tacx.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
When I got my turbo a few years ago I tried Rouvy (and RGT as well). I was very impressed with Rouvy but I didn't want to pay for two subscriptions and for reasons I can't fully remember now I stuck with Tacx.

I used the free trial with Tacx and found it did everything I wanted, so being an old stick in the mud/boring fart I couldn't be bothered trying any other.

I think I've only ran it once (and I cant even remember what its like) but a lot of RGT users switched to Indie Velo (free) and a few other folk also went to MyWhoosh (also free but pc resource intensive).

Top Bottom