Going on my first clipless ride tomorrow morning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hopey

...And I'm a bit scared. That's all.

Nah, I just spent a bit of time setting them up as best I could and practiced clipping in/out at home. Adjusted tension so it's low a possible. My biggest fear is having a clipless moment onto a stationary car in traffic, but I'll be out early morning on remote country roads so that at least shouldn't be a possibility tomorrow.

Will have a good blast up and down the railway path for 30 mins to practice and adjust position if need be. Wish me luck. If I'm still alive tomorrow lunch time I'll give an update.

Slioch

Guru
It's always a bit of a leap of faith the first time you go clipless, but you'll be fine. Good luck :okay:

Best of luck... after a couple of miles it will be a piece of cake and will make such a difference so it's worth it. When loosened off fully your feet will still rotate left and right on the pedals, not good. Tighten bit by bit so nice and fixed. Let us know how you get on :okay:

alicat

Legendary Member
Good luck. Is there a park near you? Having a good sized grassy stretch gives you space to clip in and out until you get used to them.

After half an hour, you'll wonder how you managed without.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Best of luck... after a couple of miles it will be a piece of cake and will make such a difference so it's worth it. When loosened off fully your feet will still rotate left and right on the pedals, not good. Tighten bit by bit so nice and fixed. Let us know how you get on :okay:
My feet naturally rotate slightly during the pedal stroke and object to being constrained!

I used to have the pedal tensions set to minimum but had some accidental unclipping issues with my new shoes so I tightened the tensions slightly. I can still move my feet and unclip when I want to, but no longer do it when I am not trying to.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Do not be suprised if your brain goes into neutral and you forget you are clipped in.

We have all been there ^_^

As soon as you set off. Make sure you can unclip and clip back in a few times.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Waits for someone to drop in the old Cycle Chat Bingo. But already been beaten to it.

Just don't worry about it. Not everyone has a moment contrary to what people say on here.

Top Bottom