going over bumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']Hmmm - that never occurred to me (as one considering having a go at this fixie lark). Is that something that causes problems, or do you just get used to it, or what?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no problems whatsoever! :becool:

PrettyboyTim

Actually I realised on the way back home that I lied. I go over with my right foot in the 6 o'clock position and my left in the 12 o'clock, unless I'm trying to keep up a good speed in which case I just continue pedalling.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
LOL not the only one then thinking about this topic on the way home?

PrettyboyTim said:
Actually I realised on the way back home that I lied. I go over with my right foot in the 6 o'clock position and my left in the 12 o'clock, unless I'm trying to keep up a good speed in which case I just continue pedalling.

domtyler

Über Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']So...how do you do it? Do you stand on the pedals or stay seated and just 'take the hit'?[/QUOTE]

Neither, I just unweight the saddle enough to see me over the hump in safety. I would guess that my rear end leaves the saddle with about a couple of inches of fresh air above it. I do generally attempt to avoid any bumpy bits though, no matter what bike I'm riding, I always seek out the smoothest route.

HelenD123

Guru
I checked on the way in this morning and it seems I put my left leg at 6 o'clock. Like Tim I'd thought I kept the pedals horizontal.

OP
OP
I
PrettyboyTim said:

ianrauk said:
LOL not the only one then thinking about this topic on the way home?

haha..

i never really realised i do that either until my dad pointed out my right thigh looks somewhat more built, which got my mind racing

Top Bottom