Going to see colleges with your kids...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Glad you think so... GtiJunior aka SamR of this parish is at MMet and is absolutely loving it, finding the course excellent and loving being independent in the city. Yes, Manchester has a lot of building sites but that's positive. Have you visited any slowly dying town like Cork or Hawick where there's no money, no investment and only mouldy old buildings?
Blimey, doesn't time fly ... I'm sure that he hadn't even taken his GCSEs when I first met him on a ride with you!

What is he studying?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My bias first - I work at a university (Leeds Beckett). IMO students are better choosing by course, location and then the university. Most are very similar but it's the course, the course team and other students who make the difference.

Opposite experience . Wife loves the Unis daughter loves and hates the ones she hates . Lincoln looking top at moment

+1 child to Lincoln, which makes 3 CC children going this year!

I'm going through this process at the moment. Son no. 1, who thinks cyclists are stupid to ride somewhere to drink coffee and eat cake when they could eat cake at home, has rejected York, Queens in Belfast and Nottingham Trent to choose Lincoln for Mechanical Engineering.

Why? York only did lectures. The teaching staff at Lincoln appeared more approachable, they used students in their presentations and knew who they were. We're similar but not everywhere's like that. @MarkF's son appears to be going to the same place as well.

subaqua

What’s the point
My bias first - I work at a university (Leeds Beckett). IMO students are better choosing by course, location and then the university. Most are very similar but it's the course, the course team and other students who make the difference.

+1 child to Lincoln, which makes 3 CC children going this year!

I'm going through this process at the moment. Son no. 1, who thinks cyclists are stupid to ride somewhere to drink coffee and eat cake when they could eat cake at home, has rejected York, Queens in Belfast and Nottingham Trent to choose Lincoln for Mechanical Engineering.

Why? York only did lectures. The teaching staff at Lincoln appeared more approachable, they used students in their presentations and knew who they were. We're similar but not everywhere's like that. @MarkF's son appears to be going to the same place as well.

the teaching staff bit and the use of students did it for W and D , I was blown away by all of them TBF

Globalti

Legendary Member
Blimey, doesn't time fly ... I'm sure that he hadn't even taken his GCSEs when I first met him on a ride with you!

What is he studying?

Business Technology, which I reckon means he will be like the doctor of the future. He has also landed himself jobs as a uni ambassador showing prospective students and their parents around and as the IT department's gofer who sorts out students' and lecturers' IT problems. For both roles he gets paid - he's richer than us!

Top Bottom