Gold star for me ;-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan Biles

Blood!

punkypossum said:
Where is the link between CJD and Malaria? Why would it show up? I'm confused!!!!

Well it threw me a bit too but when I asked the question they explained that the improved level of screening for CJD also showed up other 'undesirable elements'. In my case, that was malaria. Probaly as a result of 11 years working in Nigeria but as far as I'm aware, I never actually had malaria while I was there.

A

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
rich p said:
I can understand being spooked by a bag of blood filling up by the bedside but it's hard to see why putting a velcro strap round your bicep would have that effect,PP?

I think it started off with me being worried about having it taken. I'm quite bad for white coat anxiety, so at the docs, my bloodpressure goes up. Then I started worrying about worrying as that would make it go up, so it went up further. It's almost like a test I'm destined to fail - ended up having to buy my own blood pressure monitor to prove that it is usually normal, but even doing that I get dead nervous now and have to do breathing exercises for a few minutes to calm myself down before taking it. So now, just having the cuff round my arm and feeling it being pumped up reduces me to a nervous wreck. I know it's a completely ridiculous phobia, but I just haven't managed to get over it ... :becool::blush::biggrin:

Whereas needles and blood bags are good, they are fun to watch!!!! :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
very well done, PP! Let's hope it's the first of many!
I've been giving blood for longer than I care to remember...I always take it easy riding home from work, just to be on the safe side.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Maz said:
very well done, PP! Let's hope it's the first of many!
I've been giving blood for longer than I care to remember...I always take it easy riding home from work, just to be on the safe side.

I was the second actually, but I had not been for about 8 years, there was always a reason why I could not go, i.e. travel to dodgy countries, piercings, infections, etc (admittedly, sometimes I just simply forgot). Hoping to get back into the swing off it now...

Mortiroloboy

Well done you...I used to be a regular Donor (A rhs. Pos.) and was almost in double figures, when I had a really bad experience, Mrs hamfisted ****wit nurse couldn't get the needle in, finally managed it, I gave the required amount, went for my tea and biccy, felt all faint and dizzy, nearly passed out (never suffered symptoms before) haven't been back since.:becool:

Top Bottom