1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold star for me ;-)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by punkypossum, 22 Mar 2008.

1. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

...went to give blood today...considering I have a phobia of having my blood pressure taken, and even if they don't take it, the cuff round my arm freaks me out, so I'm quite proud of myself :biggrin: Stocks of O neg have gone up by a pint ;)

Had the strongest cup of coffee ever afterwards, think I won't need any more caffeine for a year and the choice of biccies and easter eggs was extremely good - must have been down to the low turnout, the had a target of 100, but had only managed 44 more than halfway through...

Was hoping for a keyring with my bloodgroup on it, but no such luck - heyho, can't have everything... :evil:

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Good for you. Far too much of a wimp to do it myself! ;)

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Choice of Easter Eggs and biscuits, things have changed from the time I used to give blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

The eggs were donated by the local Lidl!!! :biggrin:

5. You gave a lidl and you got a lidl - well done punky p :biggrin:

6. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

7. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

my son does but the needle freaks me out i have to be honest :biggrin:

8. pzycoman

pzycoman New Member

Well done! My bloods useless (Diabetic, and im AB+ which means my blood will only be of use to other AB+) :biggrin:

9. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Mine too. Used to give blood regularly hundreds of years ago, then got jaundice. It now seems my juice is not of merchantable quality:sad:

10. Plax

Plax Veteran

I used to be really bad, to the point where if I had to have an injection I used to have to be physically held down. Sure they wouldn't get away with that kind of thing nowadays.......NSPCC would have a field day. Anyways. I'm still not keen but so long as I'm not looking and don't know when they are going to stick me I'm usually okay. I did faint once though, and they always keep an eye on me now. I must have a "fainter" alert on my account or something!

11. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I like giving blood for the TUC biscuits afterwards!
    They sent me a credit card thing with my blood group on it.

12. Alan Biles

Alan Biles Senior Member

I used to give 'an armful' every six months but when they introduced tests for CJD they found I had malarial antibodies onboard so they don't want me any more:-(.

13. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Where is the link between CJD and Malaria? Why would it show up? I'm confused!!!!

14. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

And I want a credit card thing with my bloodgroup too, sniff!!!! In Germany, you get proper presents when you go, but they DO take blood pressure, so I won't go - In fact, I'd probably give them a present if they promised not to take it!!! :blush:

15. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I can understand being spooked by a bag of blood filling up by the bedside but it's hard to see why putting a velcro strap round your bicep would have that effect,PP?