Gold star for me ;-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...went to give blood today...considering I have a phobia of having my blood pressure taken, and even if they don't take it, the cuff round my arm freaks me out, so I'm quite proud of myself :biggrin: Stocks of O neg have gone up by a pint ;)

Had the strongest cup of coffee ever afterwards, think I won't need any more caffeine for a year and the choice of biccies and easter eggs was extremely good - must have been down to the low turnout, the had a target of 100, but had only managed 44 more than halfway through...

Was hoping for a keyring with my bloodgroup on it, but no such luck - heyho, can't have everything... :evil:

domtyler

Über Member
Good for you. Far too much of a wimp to do it myself! ;)

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
pzycoman said:
Well done! My bloods useless (Diabetic, and im AB+ which means my blood will only be of use to other AB+) :biggrin:

Mine too. Used to give blood regularly hundreds of years ago, then got jaundice. It now seems my juice is not of merchantable quality:sad:

Plax

Guru
mr Mag00 said:
my son does but the needle freaks me out i have to be honest :blush:

I used to be really bad, to the point where if I had to have an injection I used to have to be physically held down. Sure they wouldn't get away with that kind of thing nowadays.......NSPCC would have a field day. Anyways. I'm still not keen but so long as I'm not looking and don't know when they are going to stick me I'm usually okay. I did faint once though, and they always keep an eye on me now. I must have a "fainter" alert on my account or something!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I like giving blood for the TUC biscuits afterwards!
They sent me a credit card thing with my blood group on it.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
rich p said:
I like giving blood for the TUC biscuits afterwards!
They sent me a credit card thing with my blood group on it.

And I want a credit card thing with my bloodgroup too, sniff!!!! In Germany, you get proper presents when you go, but they DO take blood pressure, so I won't go - In fact, I'd probably give them a present if they promised not to take it!!! :blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
punkypossum said:
And I want a credit card thing with my bloodgroup too, sniff!!!! In Germany, you get proper presents when you go, but they DO take blood pressure, so I won't go - In fact, I'd probably give them a present if they promised not to take it!!! :blush:

I can understand being spooked by a bag of blood filling up by the bedside but it's hard to see why putting a velcro strap round your bicep would have that effect,PP?

Top Bottom