Golden Compass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

Pete

Dead Calm ... I ought to have remembered that one ... Sam Neill/Billy Zane ... classic film, absolute classic ... well I reckon she'll be worth watching out for in GC...

I think I'll be hiding in a wardrobe until it leaves the cinema. Saw the trailer and had hackles of dread crawling up my spine. Loved the books but everything about the film (oh, the anti church theme in the books? Ditched for the films, so I understand:angry:) just looks and feels...wrong.

FM - B*llocks to you Toon lad, RotK f*king rocked. :biggrin::biggrin::thumbsup:

Pete said:
For the record, I utterly loathed the narnia books (as much of them as I ever managed to read, that is) - so totally Enid Blyton in the way they talk down to their readership... I'm sure C S Lewis did a lot of great stuff but he should never have taken on writing at children. And I have no plans to ever see any of the films - I believe only one of the series is out so far - wish it were the last...

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss an actor as a mis-casting - shall we wait to see how she shapes out in this role - in the assumption that she is an accomplished actor. Searching my memory I can't for the moment place Nicole Kidman in any other movie - what has she been in? (could have a look in IMDB I suppose).

or try this.... http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/nicole_kidman/about.php :biggrin:

I enjoyed dead calm - it gets 95% on the tomatometer...

Top Bottom