Goldfish bowl lens affect of different cameras

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by HLaB, 11 Apr 2010.

1. I think my next camera purchase (when I can afford it :tongue:) will be a Muvi. To what degree is it affected by the goldfish bowl affect? whilst I'm at it, I'm also wondering about other cameras?

I think my ATC is very pronounced, making things in front look very close and things to the side look quite far. For instance in this vid, I thought the WVM gave me enough room but the camera makes it look like he left hooked me.

2. GrasB

GrasB Veteran

On a slightly different subject on thing I was wondering is if it's viable to get a camera with a fisheye lens then use software to de-fish the image, this works better on a fisheye lens as it's not trying to correct the distorion. This is what I do for landscapes with my camera (I don't do enough landscape photography to justify buying a proper wide lens) & it works well enough.

3. OP
    OP
    HLaB

HLaB Marie Attoinette Fan

What package do you use GrasB?

4. GrasB

GrasB Veteran

Latest version of photoshop, there's a lens correction filter in that & it works rather well with the fisheye lens. Thing is I don't think anyone wants to hand filter all the images in a video for playback... something must be out there though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice