Goldfish bowl lens affect of different cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think my next camera purchase (when I can afford it :tongue:) will be a Muvi. To what degree is it affected by the goldfish bowl affect? whilst I'm at it, I'm also wondering about other cameras?

I think my ATC is very pronounced, making things in front look very close and things to the side look quite far. For instance in this vid, I thought the WVM gave me enough room but the camera makes it look like he left hooked me.

GrasB

Veteran
On a slightly different subject on thing I was wondering is if it's viable to get a camera with a fisheye lens then use software to de-fish the image, this works better on a fisheye lens as it's not trying to correct the distorion. This is what I do for landscapes with my camera (I don't do enough landscape photography to justify buying a proper wide lens) & it works well enough.

GrasB

Veteran
Latest version of photoshop, there's a lens correction filter in that & it works rather well with the fisheye lens. Thing is I don't think anyone wants to hand filter all the images in a video for playback... something must be out there though.

Top Bottom